I'm Proud Of Myself

Business By ccr03 Updated 23 Apr 2008 , 3:27pm by ccr03

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 1:57pm
post #1 of 8

I'm huge on customer service, so I'm pretty of myself on this one.

This lady called me a little more than a month ago wanting info for a graduation cake for 150 ppl and a quinceanera cake for the same about. The grad cake in May and the quince cake in Oct. Well, I gave her a quote and she said she would call back.
Totally forgot about her, and she called back yesterday. Well, I forgot that I had given her a quote and gave her a price based on my newly increased rate. She said I had given her such and such price - which based on my old price, would have been correct. Well, I told her that I had since increased my prices and if she had booked sooner she would have locked in that price. I paused for a minute, and said, you know, since I gave you that price for the grad cake, let's keep it at that.

For me outstanding quotes are good for 30 days. She was past that.

Anyway, I know this is dumb, but I was proud of myself.

7 replies
2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 2:02pm
post #2 of 8

nor dumb, just being happy with your business savy self! You go girl! thumbs_up.gif

miss_sweetstory Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miss_sweetstory Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 2:02pm
post #3 of 8

That's great...you should be proud. You were both professional and generous!

lovetofrost Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovetofrost Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 2:04pm
post #4 of 8

so did she end up booking both cakes? I think that is good of you, you could have tried to make more money and possibly lost another customer. I think she would appreciate you honoring your previous quote.

gabbenmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gabbenmom Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 2:04pm
post #5 of 8

You deserve to be proud of yourself! That was great customer service! It was also very kind of you!! thumbs_up.gif

Starkie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Starkie Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 2:06pm
post #6 of 8

CCR03, that's great! There is an old saying about satisfied clients telling an average of 2-3 people about their experience, but dissatisfied clients telling an average of 10-12 people about their experience. You can never go wrong by going the extra mile to make a client happy! And the repeat business you will get out of this client will more than make up for whatever you lost from your rate hike. Plus, your client will know you are an honest business person with character, and that is priceless in my book!!!!

God bless,
<Starkie>

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 2:52pm
post #7 of 8

You know, stuff like that may cost a little bit in the beginning ...but then you got a customer for life...it's good business.

I've noticed with the quinceanera customers....boy oh boy, if you make them happy, you get TONS and TONS of customers from that.....

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 3:27pm
post #8 of 8

Aw, thanks everyone!!

Yeah, it may cost me some - but it's a big party, so definitely worth it!

She didn't book the quinceanera one (it's not until NOv.) , but if everything goes well I think she will.

Littlecake - you are SO right! I've noticed that withing the Mexican/Hispanic community (that I personally am a part of) when they 'get' someone EVERYONE 'gets' them!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%