How Do You Use These Fmm Alphabet Set ?

Decorating By cerobs Updated 22 Apr 2008 , 3:10pm by tiptop57

cerobs Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 12:15pm
post #1 of 4

I brought the set but they are together in a set of 6. How do I use them separte. Suck as happy birthday Joy. Help please I have a cake this weekend?

3 replies
tiptop57 Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 1:53pm
post #2 of 4

You roll out a thin strip of fondant then turn it so is is in orientation to a capital "I" (The top away from you and bottom towards you. ) Then lay your cutter over it in orientation to a dash "-" across the fondant and cut out each letter one at a time. Let your fondant dry a bit on each side so it get a "skin". Use a bit of powdered sugar on the cutter and wipe off any on the lettered with an oval wash watercolor brush. (Looks like a blush brush.)
HTH

cerobs Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 2:22pm
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiptop57

You roll out a thin strip of fondant then turn it so is is in orientation to a capital "I" (The top away from you and bottom towards you. ) Then lay your cutter over it in orientation to a dash "-" across the fondant and cut out each letter one at a time. Let your fondant dry a bit on each side so it get a "skin". Use a bit of powdered sugar on the cutter and wipe off any on the lettered with an oval wash watercolor brush. (Looks like a blush brush.)
HTH

ok but they are size letter together how do I use one letter at a time.

tiptop57 Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 3:10pm
post #4 of 4

Hmm, I must not have been clear in my instructions.
By rolling out sugarpaste in a thinner line. If you get an edge of a letter here or there on the rope of fondant it is not a big deal though.

So If you were cutting "Happy" Here is how it would look:
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%