Karate Master Cake

Decorating By LittleLinda Updated 22 Apr 2008 , 12:00pm by karateka

LittleLinda Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 12:55am
post #1 of 6

Coming from me, the self-proclaimed queen of karate cakes, I am at a loss to do a cake for a guy who just got his 5th degree black belt and is now a Master! I want something serious. I have been making funny cakes for him for years!

5 replies
diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 1:08am
post #2 of 6

Wow! That's an awesome accomplishment! Both my kids are beginners in Soo Bak Do. Perhaps the insignia for his Do Jang? If not do a progression of belts from beginner to where he is now....a kind of collage if you will.

HTH
Diana

Amia Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 1:12am
post #3 of 6

Well you could do a tiered cake iced to match his gi (if it's not white, that is), with a black belt around one tier and maybe make some gumpaste/fondant weapons. Does he have a weapon of choice? Katana's, bo staff, sai's, nunchaku? Maybe put the symbol from his dojo on there somewhere or some chinese characters. That would be simple and I suppose serious. icon_smile.gif

Can you tell I have a martial artist in the family? icon_lol.gif

xstitcher Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 1:13am
post #4 of 6

Hi Linda,

What style of karate is it?

LittleLinda Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 11:18am
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by amia1024

Well you could do a tiered cake iced to match his gi (if it's not white, that is), with a black belt around one tier and maybe make some gumpaste/fondant weapons. Does he have a weapon of choice? Katana's, bo staff, sai's, nunchaku? Maybe put the symbol from his dojo on there somewhere or some chinese characters. That would be simple and I suppose serious. icon_smile.gif

Can you tell I have a martial artist in the family? icon_lol.gif

I sure can tell ... anybody who can spell nunchaku knows martial arts! I always do sheet cakes, maybe a tiered cake will have the wow factor I'm looking for ... by the way, this is free as it is for my own karate instructor. We're having a surprise party for his accomplishment. His weapon of choice is the bo ... not a particularly interesting weapon to make on a cake!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstitcher

Hi Linda,

What style of karate is it?

Shaolin Kempo Karate.

diamondsonblackvelvet13, I have done the insignia of his dojo a few times already for events.

karateka Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 12:00pm
post #6 of 6

I'd definitely do the kanji for Kenpo karate if you have it, and also "master". I saw this quote on a kenpo site, I thought it fit the occasion: "Nothing is impossible to a willing mind."

Here's the site:

http://www.stanford.edu/group/kenpo/kenpo-faq.html

Here's a kanji site: http://www.stockkanji.com/index.php

I have a karate cake in my pics if you are interested, purely for ideas' sake. Good luck....post pics, I'm into karate myself (shito ryu karate do) and would love to see what you come up with.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%