Yay For Phone Calls!

Decorating By aligotmatt Updated 22 Apr 2008 , 1:30am by JanH

aligotmatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aligotmatt Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 12:24am
post #1 of 3

I never get phone calls after cakes. I haven't even met 50% of my clients, I take the order over the phone or through email, they mail a check, I drop off a cake and it's over. All of my cakes this weekend were like that. And at the venue for the tiki hut cake, I delivered it when nobody was there, not even a staff member. so then on Sunday I got a call from the tiki hut lady that was so awesome, I very rarely get a phone call. She said that it was the best tasting cake they ever had, that it looked amazing, everyone raved about it, she gave out all of my business cards (I left like 20 behind the cake) and that they will be using me for all future events and she's sure I will get more orders from people at the party. YAY! then today I get a call from someone who was at the party who tasted the cake and wants to book me based on that for a 300 person wedding!!

Then I got another call today from the jeep sheetcake lady. I also never met her, didn't see her, check in the mail. She said everyone was raving about how it was the best red velvet cake they had ever had and she just loved it and thanked me profusely.

I wish everyone would call and pat me on the back on Mondays. icon_smile.gif

2 replies
diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 12:27am
post #2 of 3

it does feel good when you get a thank-you and great comments about your cake. way to go! thumbs_up.gif

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 1:30am
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by aligotmatt

I wish everyone would call and pat me on the back on Mondays. icon_smile.gif

Well, I'd be glad to call you next Monday but you didn't include your phone number..... icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Glad that you're finally getting the feedback and attention that your cakes deserve! icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gifbirthday.gifparty.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%