Yesterday Was My First!!!!!!! (Kinda Long)

Business By Solecito Updated 22 Apr 2008 , 3:13pm by ShopGrl1128

Solecito Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Solecito Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 11:12pm
post #1 of 12

Well yesterday I had my first Bridal Show. Actually it was a Bidal-quinceanera-graduation Show.

First, let me publicly thank the following members how gave me lots of good advice, and ideas. Thanks to them I can say I had the best bakery display in the whole show: icon_biggrin.gif
(In order of appearence of comments)
ccr03
cakedout
Erdica
indydebi
DMCG
Kakeladi
FlowerGirlMN

I learned lots of things and although we are in Mexico it wasn't that different to what you guys described in your posts.
The fisrt thing I learned was: people are just looking for information, nobody was ready to book any cakes but they were very interested in my work. The idea of giving samples in covered containers was a hit, I saw a lot of poeple carrying a little plate with half eaten cake not knowing what to do with it, with my mini samples they could taste my cakes and dispose of the cup or they could put it in thier purse in case they needed someone else to try it. The best compliment I received (although indirectly) was people eating my cake and saying: "Mhh this one does tastes good", and people gasping when they saw my cakes.
I also learned that I need to take more samples, because this was a "family event" so there were a lot of small children and parents were giving them a sample also (it's a mexican thing).
But at the end I was very satisfied, I worked my butt off for most part of last week so right now I'm exhausted. Now I'm just going to wait for the telephone to star ringing.
And in a couple of days I'm getting a copy of all the people who registered so if they don't call I'm going to star calling them. Here are the photos. Thanks for watching.
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL

11 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 12:10am
post #2 of 12

omg, what a beautiful display! LUV that cake with the orange drapey stuff at the bottom. The greenery on the table is a great extra touch ... gotta remember that for my next one!

It's no surprise your booth got lots of attention! thumbs_up.gif

Solecito Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 1:18am
post #3 of 12

I got inspired by all you guys.

lovetofrost Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovetofrost Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 1:27am
post #4 of 12

congratulations on your first show. i hope to do one sometime, i'm just not sure where to find out when they are. your cakes are very beautiful.

busymom9431 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
busymom9431 Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 1:34am
post #5 of 12

Wow! icon_lol.gif You did a beautiful display. I hope you get lots of calls in the near future. It sure looks like you worked hard on this show.

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 6:58am
post #6 of 12

I love the orange one too. It's so pretty! congrats!

Erdica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Erdica Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 11:16am
post #7 of 12

Congratulations!!!! Your booth set up was great! You are very talented. I hope you get a lot of calls!!!

poshcakedesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poshcakedesigns Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 11:47am
post #8 of 12

Congats you did a wonderful job. Beautiful cakes beautifully displayed.

I'm sure the phone will start ringing any day now.

Classycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Classycakes Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 11:49am
post #9 of 12

Congratulations! You did a fabulous job - you're display is just beautiful.

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 1:15pm
post #10 of 12

Yes,yes,yes!!!! Felicidades!!!!

Hermoso! Great job!!!

Solecito Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 2:23pm
post #11 of 12

Thank you all for your comments and good wishes.

ShopGrl1128 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShopGrl1128 Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 3:13pm
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecito

Well yesterday I had my first Bridal Show. Actually it was a Bidal-quinceanera-graduation Show.

First, let me publicly thank the following members how gave me lots of good advice, and ideas. Thanks to them I can say I had the best bakery display in the whole show: icon_biggrin.gif
(In order of appearence of comments)
ccr03
cakedout
Erdica
indydebi
DMCG
Kakeladi
FlowerGirlMN

I learned lots of things and although we are in Mexico it wasn't that different to what you guys described in your posts.
The fisrt thing I learned was: people are just looking for information, nobody was ready to book any cakes but they were very interested in my work. The idea of giving samples in covered containers was a hit, I saw a lot of poeple carrying a little plate with half eaten cake not knowing what to do with it, with my mini samples they could taste my cakes and dispose of the cup or they could put it in thier purse in case they needed someone else to try it. The best compliment I received (although indirectly) was people eating my cake and saying: "Mhh this one does tastes good", and people gasping when they saw my cakes.
I also learned that I need to take more samples, because this was a "family event" so there were a lot of small children and parents were giving them a sample also (it's a mexican thing).
But at the end I was very satisfied, I worked my butt off for most part of last week so right now I'm exhausted. Now I'm just going to wait for the telephone to star ringing.
And in a couple of days I'm getting a copy of all the people who registered so if they don't call I'm going to star calling them. Here are the photos. Thanks for watching.

Felicidades Solecito!!! Buen trabajo!!! Todo te quedó muy lindo.

I did my very first Bridal Show on April 5th and so far I've booked 4 wedding cakes!!!

I hope the phone will start ringing soon for you too.

I had a couple of tasting coming up too.. I'm so excited!
CC has been a great help for me too!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%