Feedback On Logo

Business By nicolesplace Updated 22 Apr 2008 , 7:00pm by chutzpah

nicolesplace Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 11:07pm
post #1 of 10

I am trying to design a logo for my future business and I know that any feedback I get from all of you will be backed by experience ( I'm a newbie)

Here is one I was able to come up with:

I think I may change the chef's hat to a B&W muffin
because I am not a fan of misrepresentaion & I am not a chef or pastry chef. The muffin would be angled the same as the chef's hat. I couldn't do a trial of it because the website (fundraw.com) is having issues.

My dh thinks that I should incorporate 2 more kids into the logo because we have 3 girls age 6, 3 & 5 months.

What do you think??

PS - Is it okay to use royalty free clipart for business logos or should I get a my friend ( a graphic designer) to make one using mine as a prototype?

9 replies
peacockplace Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 11:10pm
post #2 of 10

I like the idea of the mom and kids. Maybe this is just me, but I don't like the nipples on the mom showing. It just doesn't give the food vibe, unless you're a newborn. thumbs_up.gif

nicolesplace Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 11:43pm
post #3 of 10

ROFLMAO!!!

I'll make sure the finished logo doesn't ook "nipply".

mom42ws Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 12:03am
post #4 of 10

i love the name and i might use a different image for the mom??? i don't mind it but there may be folks who don't want to see a naked mommy icon_smile.gif

nicolesplace Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 12:09am
post #5 of 10

Interesting.. I didn;t think she looked naked. I thought there were some shirt "ruffles" in the silouhette(sp). I'll take a look @ some other 'mom's'

Thank you for the feedback.. Keep it coming

Erdica Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 11:21am
post #6 of 10

Personally...I don't really like the first one. I think it's really busy for a logo. For some reason my eye is drawn to the mom (maybe because it's solid black) but I hardly look at the name of the business. I just think with the hat, the baby, the mom, and the business name...it's a lot going on for a logo.

That's just my two cents.

Homemade-Goodies Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 11:40am
post #7 of 10

Yeah, I'd change the pick of Mom...her hair has a little too much Farrah goin' are there, and baby has droopy drawers. I like the name of the business though, says what it is, doesn't it?? icon_biggrin.gif

Be nice if you could work the muffin/cupcake into it. Wish you lots of luck finding the graphics you like!!

nicolesplace Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 2:32pm
post #8 of 10

Thank you for the feedback.

The reason I was drawn to the picture of the mom is that I have hair almost the same as her. Maybe once I'm able to access fundraw again, I'll resize the mom & fix the "nipple" problem and switch out the chef hat for the muffin.

As soon as I'm able, I'll post the new version.

Keep the comments coming!!!

akgirl10 Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 6:33pm
post #9 of 10

Yes, the mom reminds me of the silhouettes of naked ladies that guys put on their trucks icon_eek.gif . I like the concept and name though. I think 3 kids and a mom would be way too busy.

chutzpah Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 7:00pm
post #10 of 10

No way on that first one. Way too busy, way too cheessy, and I really correlate the pic and the title to having kids helping out in the kitchen. Gross. Kids are unhygienic.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%