Question For The Brits Out There.

Decorating By BakingGirl Updated 23 Apr 2008 , 4:51am by JanH

BakingGirl Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 11:04pm
post #1 of 4

Do any of you know what the white stuff in (Tunnock) tea cakes is? I assume some sort of marshmallow fluffy stuff. I want to make my own cupcake version of tea cakes so I am looking for a recipe for the "goo" inside.

3 replies
JanH Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 9:31am
post #2 of 4

Tunnock's Tea Cakes:'s

Goo is goo.....

Chocolate covered marshmallow cookie recipe:,1977,FOOD_9936_14516,00.html

There are two different types of marshmallows:
(Tutorial on making one type.)

Marshmallow chicks recipe:


BakingGirl Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 4:01pm
post #3 of 4

Thank you for the links Jan, that was very useful. I searched for ages yesterday for recipes for tea cakes but of course all that kept coming up was yeasted bread type of recipes. Did not even occur to me to search for Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Cookies.

I shall go and make some goo, thanks again!

JanH Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 4:51am
post #4 of 4

You're very welcome, it was my pleasure. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%