Question About Sugared Grapes, Has Anyone Tried These?

Decorating By akgirl10 Updated 24 Apr 2008 , 2:24am by johnson6ofus

akgirl10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
akgirl10 Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 9:34pm
post #1 of 10

I can't find but a few pictures of sugared grapes, I really want to do some. But is there a way to get the sugar very finely coated on the grapes and not so clumpy?

9 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 10:58pm
post #2 of 10

Use a very fine spray of water before rolling them in sugar. Use superfine sugar or run it thru a food processor.

aundrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundrea Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 11:24pm
post #3 of 10

what do you mean by super fine sugar?
i would love to try this too.

KateWatson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KateWatson Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 11:44pm
post #4 of 10

Superfine is a type of sugar that you'll find at the grocery store with the other sugars. Also - don't put them in the fridge for any reason, it will ruin the sugar coating . . . good luck!

aundrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundrea Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 10:46pm
post #5 of 10

ok, so super fine is not the same as powdered sugar?

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 1:20am
post #6 of 10

Nope. Superfine has smaller particles than 10x. http://www.dominosugar.com/products/superfine.asp

bigmama1961 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigmama1961 Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 1:26am
post #7 of 10

I DO MINE WITH FINE MIST OF WATER AND JUST SPRINKLE SUGAR OVER THEM. SOME USE EGG WHITES BUT CANT STAY OUT LONG JUST DO THEM THE DAY YOU NEED THEM PEOPLE GO NUTS OVER THEM...

kymscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kymscakes Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 1:33am
post #8 of 10

I have done them, photo in my photos, hope its not one of the clumpy ones, was a long tine ago, but I dipped mine in egg whites and sprinkled sugar on them with a spoon, they were very pretty when finished.

cupcakers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakers Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 1:44am
post #9 of 10

I dipped mine in egg whites put them on a rack then sprinkled them with regular sugar. Good Luck
LL

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 2:24am
post #10 of 10

I use 1 egg white, 1 tablespoon of water--- beat well, a little foamy. Wash grapes, dry on rack. brush with egg mix and sprinkle on superfine sugar (this is fine crystals, not powdered- or regular sugar if you prefer). Then you get a glaze and crystal look. Like said here before, do not refrigerate. Leftovers? Just wash the sugar and egg off. Hint, if serving as a snack, or using as a border, I snip into small clumps of 3-6 grapes as I wash them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%