Need Opinions... Square Vs Round Cupcake Tower

Decorating By disp4so Updated 6 May 2008 , 8:20pm by disp4so

disp4so Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
disp4so Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 8:30pm
post #1 of 3

I am going to invest in a nice acrylic cupcake tower like they sell at global sugar art. I can only afford to buy one though.

I need your help to decide which is the best investment.

What would you say your clients ask for most, square or round?

Your help is appreciated..

Thanks
Sherri icon_smile.gif

2 replies
antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 5:24pm
post #2 of 3

Round, way more than square.

One thing to consider is that the corners of the square towers are their delicate points and much more easily damaged than round. Something to think about if the client is going to be responsible for its return to you, etc. They won't be as careful as you would be. Once a corner is chipped, you may not be able to use that tier again and have to get a replacement. Sure, you can charge the clients with a deposit...but your equipment is out of commission and that can cause scheduling issues if other weddings are about to rent it and it's broken! icon_cry.gif

IMHO, round is far more popular amongst my clients and way less trouble when it comes to the threat of chipping/damage. icon_smile.gif

I purchased a great metal cupcake tower from www.bossmanufacturing.com right in Chico, California. They are SUPER sturdy, come apart, have tons of colours/shapes/sizes and pay for themselves with rentals really quickly. I chose the white round "Carrie Marie" one and most of my clients ask for it for cupcake weddings I do. It has paid for itself 10 times over in just a few years.

disp4so Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
disp4so Posted 6 May 2008 , 8:20pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks for helping out Antonia.. I really appreciate it..

I unfortunately did not see this untill after I bought the stand.. I went with square... It is very nice though..

Thanks for the link too.. if I ever buy another one I might consider one of those instead..

icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%