Please Help! I'm Looking To Be Legal!

Business By ccr03 Updated 22 Apr 2008 , 11:51pm by Hippiemama

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 4:58pm
post #1 of 6

I know there are already tons of topics on subject, and I'm slowly going through that process, but I still need some help.

I'm in Jackson County, MO. I emailed the MO Dept. of Health & Senior Services with some questions. I've read on here that in MO is varies from county to county, so I tried to contact Jackson County, but don't know which department! We'd think the Health Dept, but it's not listed on their website. This is their web site, in case anyone can look it over and see something I didn't.
http://www.jacksongov.org/content/1167/1189/1307/default.aspx

I figured I am also going to contact the city. I know they have a health dept.

Oh, and really, at this point, I am still a small operation. DEFINITELY under $10k!

5 replies
Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 7:14pm
post #2 of 6

I'm not in MO, but Mi. icon_biggrin.gif . Mine started at city level. I would check there first, to see if there are any restrictions from them.

Mike

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 4:36am
post #3 of 6

Go to city hall and tell them what you want to do....they will tell you the steps to take....and they will know the health dept. 's phone number.

GOOD LUCK

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 1:40pm
post #4 of 6

Little update....

I emailed the MO Dept. of Health and they said I would need to have everything separate regardless of the amount I make - contradicting something I saw on here. THey also said to contact my local dept. of health. I emailed the city and county dept. of health. I emailed late in teh day yesterday, so we'll see how it goes.

THANKS!

apclassicwed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
apclassicwed Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 2:01pm
post #5 of 6

Not to hijack the thread, question for Mike 1394--where in Michigan are you and do you have any info on getting legal here? I'm in Oakland county. Please PM me (so ccr03 can have their thread back icon_smile.gif)

Hippiemama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hippiemama Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 11:51pm
post #6 of 6

I'm in Missouri as well! You cannot license your primary home kitchen. In some counties you are able to build a second kitchen (totally separate entrance, etc) on your home property.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%