Giant Wilton Cupcake Pan - I Have Questions!

Decorating By darandon Updated 25 Apr 2008 , 12:04pm by fiddlesticks

darandon Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 3:52pm
post #1 of 11

I just received the Giant Wilton Cupcake pan last weekend as a gift from my step mom. I plan on using it this week to make a birthday cake for my neighbor's daughter.
I need some feedback from anyone that has used it - is it easy to put together, do I need to use any supports and if so - how many, do I need to put a cardboard separater between the top and bottom.

So any help or suggestions would be great!!!

Thanks
dara

10 replies
mommyinaprilx2 Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 8:17pm
post #2 of 11

I just made this and didn't use any supports just put icing between the 2 layers. No cardboard. It was very easy to do. I just made sure I used shortening and flour to grease it though it no chance of sticking. I let them cool seperatly and then put them together. icon_smile.gif it was one of the funnest and easiest cakes I have ever done.

darandon Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 8:54pm
post #3 of 11

Did you have any problem with getting both pieces baked completely? Did you use any flower nails or baking cones, or baking strips?

mommyinaprilx2 Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 9:12pm
post #4 of 11

I didn't have any problem getting them both fully done. I think if I remember right I cooked it on 325 instead of 350. Just did the toothpick test on it and when the middle was donw I took them out and then leveled them. I didn't use any baking stripes or anything just cooked them.

jenlg Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 9:15pm
post #5 of 11

I used mine for the first time about 2 weeks ago. I didn't use any nails or baking strips. The topper side of the cupcake got done quicker then the bottom. I just used a spatula to lift it and it came right out. I don't know if changing the temp. would make a difference or not, I went with their instructions for baking.

fiddlesticks Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 9:24pm
post #6 of 11

Its very simple to use ! I did bake at 325 ( always do ) no flower nails. no supports , just added some buttercream in between and stacked it ! Its a fun cake ! theres a pic in my photo,s!

darandon Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 2:25pm
post #7 of 11

fiddlesticks - did you use papertowels to get the swirls around the bottom of your cupcake? I love the look of that one and it would for for the 8 year old girl I'm making it for.

I can't wait to try it this weekend.

fiddlesticks Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 3:10pm
post #8 of 11

darandon.. Yes if your talking about the design on the base part of the cupcake? Just like you use the viva to plain smooth your icing on a cake , I use a printed paper towel to get the print ! I cant wait to see yours !

mamajan61 Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 4:47am
post #9 of 11

I love my giant cupcake pan... I haven't had a problem with it at all... The bottom does tend to take a little longer to get done than the top part does... but I cook it on 325.

I've made several of them so far... no cardboard in the middle, just icing.

Good luck, and don't forget to post a pic of the finished product.

darandon Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 10:09am
post #10 of 11

Thanks everyone for giving me encouragement. I plan on baking the cake tonight and decorating it for the sleepover birthday party on Saturday.

fiddlesticks Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 12:04pm
post #11 of 11

darandon.. Good luck with the cake, Cant wait to see it !

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%