How Far In Advance Can I Put Choc. Transfer On Cake?

Decorating By tenleysmommy Updated 22 Apr 2008 , 4:59pm by tenleysmommy

tenleysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tenleysmommy Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 3:34pm
post #1 of 7

I am making a grooms cake for my dad this weekend and he lives in Florida.I have to make the cake and do as much decorating as I can here.It will take me 7 hours friday night to drive and the wedding is Sat. afternoon.Can I put the chocolate transfer on at home and keep the cake refridgerated for 1 and half days?

6 replies
dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 4:27pm
post #2 of 7

Are you talking about a band CT or the CT's that are done more like color flow?

tenleysmommy Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 6:56pm
post #3 of 7

I want to do something like using color flow.It needs to go on top of the cake.

dandelion56602 Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 5:43am
post #4 of 7

The transfer won't have to be refrigerated. I would suggest not putting it on until you get there. The reason being b/c it could fall over & break during transport. This happened to me when I pulled out of the driveway w/ my nativity cake. If you can & it's not too much trouble, make an extra just in case. If it's going to be on the top of the cake just attach bamboo skewers, toothpicks, or lollipop sticks to the back w/ a dollop of chocolate & let it harden. HTH.

Take a look at my tiddliwinks & nativity cakes--these have CTs on them. That's what I meant by like colorflow.

tenleysmommy Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 11:29am
post #5 of 7

Thanks,That is exactly what I had in mind,but mine will be laying flat on top of the cake.Cute cakes by the way! icon_wink.gif

dandelion56602 Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 3:47pm
post #6 of 7

Quick tip. Do not leave them in the car even if you just get out to go to the bathroom on your trip. They WILL melt!!! My blue flower was in the back of the car while I was loading my cakes & it melted w/ in 5 min. So, just be careful about that. Thanks for the compliment

tenleysmommy Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 4:59pm
post #7 of 7

Thank you,i plan on packing blankets for me,dh,and the baby,and blasting the a.c on full blast!LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%