Need Help.. Have Confectioners Glaze And Cleaner..how To Use

Decorating By wgoat5 Updated 22 Apr 2008 , 8:43am by bashini

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 2:04pm
post #1 of 7

I need to find out how to mix this and how to use it now LOL... no instructions as usual icon_smile.gif

Thanks a million icon_smile.gif

Have a beautiful day CC!!!

6 replies
bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 3:40pm
post #2 of 7

Hi Christi, You have to keep a seperate brush for this, and you can use to give the shine to anything realy. There is a book of Lindy Smith's and for one of the cakes she mixed this with lustre dust and painted on the fondant.

But remember to clean as soon you finish.

Did you aine2's bride and groom video. She has used this to give the shine to groom's shoes.

HTH.

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 3:44pm
post #3 of 7

How do you mix the two bashini? Don't you have to mix the two to use the glaze?

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 4:04pm
post #4 of 7

To mix the glaze with dust, pour out a little pile of dust on a piece of wax paper. Fill a small paper cup with glaze. Dip the brush in the glaze, then swirl in the dust. You'll have to dip into both the cup and the pile of dust frequently.

bashini Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 4:35pm
post #5 of 7

Sorry christi, she hasn't explained it in detail how to mix it. I haven't use this stuff yet, even though I got one. Anyway, DianeLM has explained really well. Thanks for that. I learnt something too.

But just a quick question, can't you put a bit of dust straight to the glaze and mix it. Wouldn't it mix?

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 11:11pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Quote:

can't you put a bit of dust straight to the glaze and mix it. Wouldn't it mix?

You could, but it's much easier to control the consistency if you work with it a little at a time. You also must keep in mind that the glaze will thicken as it stands, so you don't want to pour out very much at a time. Once it thickens, it's unusable. I usually pour about 1/4 inch into a small paper bathroom cup at a time.

bashini Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 8:43am
post #7 of 7

Thanks a lot for that DianeLM. I must try doing it.

Again, Thank You!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%