Pricing Cookies

Baking By kymscakes Updated 28 Apr 2008 , 4:41am by mjballinger

kneadacookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kneadacookie Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 11:15am
post #31 of 39

ok, so at least say that your normal price is $4.00, but you're giving her a deal at $2.00. then if anyone asks her, she can tell everyone they're $4.00 cookies?!?!?!

michellesArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellesArt Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 1:20pm
post #32 of 39

i seriously undercharge for both my cookies and my cakes and i think i agree when i say we have to stand up for our talents and the sheer amount of time it takes to make those little works of art-i would love to make them all the time but it's our time and our ingredients-besides most of those bakeries have EMPLOYEES-we do not customized=not cheap!! this might just be one that you have to pass up-but if they want quality, they'll pay for it

marthajo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marthajo1 Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 8:31pm
post #33 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkalman

Don't worry.. I don't really like cake either.. icon_eek.gificon_wink.giftapedshut.gif

Me either.... I pull off the fondant (if it is mine) and eat that! icon_lol.gif

mysonshines Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mysonshines Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 1:11am
post #34 of 39

Thanks for the great info on this thread. I really needed it. I'm too low on pricing my cookies icon_sad.gif Kymscakes- are you still making cookies? I think I'm at the stage where you were during this thread. I am loving cookies- even more than cake lately (which I don't really like to eat either icon_biggrin.gif ) BTW, did you post a photo of these cookies?

SueW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SueW Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 3:13am
post #35 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysonshines

Thanks for the great info on this thread. I really needed it. I'm too low on pricing my cookies icon_sad.gif Kymscakes- are you still making cookies? I think I'm at the stage where you were during this thread. I am loving cookies- even more than cake lately (which I don't really like to eat either icon_biggrin.gif ) BTW, did you post a photo of these cookies?

this really helped me too. I just finished 2 dozen 3 inch cookies that need to be bagged and tied with ribbon. I was going to charge 2 $ a cookie and my DH is getting fed up. He says I am "working" for free and that I am going to loose money unless I up my prices. I just don't feel like I am good enough yet. You guys just encouraged me to charge 3 $ a cookie plus .50 to bag each one. Why am I nervous.......... icon_redface.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 3:38am
post #36 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by SueW

I just don't feel like I am good enough yet. .... Why am I nervous..........

Because we're taught as little girls to be nice and not hurt people's feelings, so we think raising our prices will make people upset and we've been Pavlov'd into thinking this makes us a bad person if we make someone upset.

We're also taught it's bad to blow our own horn.... we're taught, then, to downplay our accomplishments ... to be "humble" and tell people "yeah, it got a blue ribbon, but it's really not that good."

In the words of Will ROgers: "If you've done it .... it AIN'T braggin'!"

SueW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SueW Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 4:17am
post #37 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:

Because we're taught as little girls to be nice and not hurt people's feelings, so we think raising our prices will make people upset and we've been Pavlov'd into thinking this makes us a bad person if we make someone upset.

We're also taught it's bad to blow our own horn.... we're taught, then, to downplay our accomplishments ... to be "humble" and tell people "yeah, it got a blue ribbon, but it's really not that good."

you are so right indydebi! I was raised with no self esteem always apologizing for things. Therapy ....... my issue here with the cookies is I don't have a price list since I have no clue how to make one and I am reletively new to this icon_redface.gif I didn't discuss price with this "client" (friend of a friend) before doing the order now I feel bad charging her 84 $ for 2 dozen cookies.

Oh, I am sorry if I hijacked this thread and made it about me. See apologizing again icon_lol.gif

pimpolina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pimpolina Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 4:27am
post #38 of 39

Hi girls, my cookies begin at $2.85 a piece, each one is individually wrap in a cello bag, heat seal, a organza or satin bow and a small personalize card . for thecard I use white linen paper and emboss them too. The size of the cookies begin at 2 1/2 inches and for the carriage that is in my pictures I charge $4.50-$4.75... not less remember that each piece is hand roll,hand made and hand packed.. I hope it help..sorry for any grammar error Spanish is my first language. Ahhhh. and minimun order is 24 pieces not less....

mjballinger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjballinger Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 4:41am
post #39 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:

AMEN.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%