Freezing Cake Success!!!

Decorating By subaru Updated 21 Apr 2008 , 4:28pm by cakebaker1957

subaru Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
subaru Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 1:14pm
post #1 of 4

I had posted a question about freezing a cake a while back:

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-582181-.html

Here is the cake. I ended up freezing it already iced with buttercream, and I put all the accessories ( graham cracker crumbs, ready made choc. shells, fondant fencing, and plastic chairs) in a box. The customer defrosted the cake and put all the decoration on at the site. She e-mailed me the photos and told me everyone loved the cake and bragged about how moist and delicious it was. She also said several of the ladies there would be calling me for orders!
I was so happy, especially since I had worried about this cake all the time I was on vacation. Whew! Glad it turned out .
I just thought this might help someone else that may be thinking of freezing a cake.
LL

3 replies
Auryn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auryn Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 2:36pm
post #2 of 4

super cute cake- love the look of it

glad to hear of your freezing success, I have had that courage yet

Danacakes65 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Danacakes65 Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 3:55pm
post #3 of 4

I froze a cake last night for a cake I need to do next week ,I have never froze a cake before so I am hoping for the same success...

cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 4:28pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danacakes65

I froze a cake last night for a cake I need to do next week ,I have never froze a cake before so I am hoping for the same success...

Did you freeze it with icing allready on it? i have frozen cakes but not iced ones. Im glad this works out cause i may have to give it a try

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%