Pricing Cupcake Bouquets - What Is The Going Price?

Business By MomLittr Updated 2 May 2008 , 5:11pm by chassidyg

MomLittr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomLittr Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 1:02pm
post #1 of 7

I was thinking of doing cupcake bouquets to sell for Mother's Day. I want to do hand painted flower pots (know what to charge for them), which are about 5" across, and was thinking of using mini cupcakes. I guess this size pot will hold between 8-12 of them. What would be a good price to charge for each mini-cupcake so once I get one together, can determine how many can be used.

I have seen many beautiful cupcake arrangments on this site and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated by you who have done them.

Thanks! thumbs_up.gif

Deb

6 replies
mom42ws Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom42ws Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 12:43pm
post #2 of 7

i know it's probably not the best way to price stuff but i price my bouquets on how much i think people will pay.

i have a huge 18X5" planter that holds 35 standard cupcakes and 10-11 minis and charge $95 for it. i also smaller containers that hold 5-6 standard cupcakes and a couple of minis and charge $35 for that. i'm competing with cookies by design, edible arrangements and the floral businesses so i try to base my prices on what they charge for theirs...of course i think i have a superior product!! icon_smile.gif

AmyGonzalez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmyGonzalez Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 1:08pm
post #3 of 7

I'm also doing bouquets for mothers day. You can see my sample in my photos. The pink and white bouquet is a 4 inch pot and holds 15-21 minis, and the pink bouquet is a 5 inch pot and holds 6 standard. I'm charging $25 for the minis and $20 for the standard. I took my samples to work and they were a huge hit. I already have tons of orders. icon_biggrin.gif

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 2:26pm
post #4 of 7

How is everyone boxing these up/transporting them?

mom42ws Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom42ws Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 11:21am
post #5 of 7

i haven't really worked out all that yet and each time i deliver it's touch-and-go. i'm searching for the perfect container that will lend to more stability.

ashley

Momof4luvscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momof4luvscakes Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 11:35am
post #6 of 7

My bouquets start at $35.00 for a container with 12 regular cupcakes in it. I use the 9x9x9 box with window, and my dad custom cut styrofoam pieces with a hole in it to slide the bouquet down into the box. It holds it great! He spent a week just making me 50 boxes.

chassidyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chassidyg Posted 2 May 2008 , 5:11pm
post #7 of 7

I just bought about 15 (all they had left) of these little splish splash buckets at Hobby Lobby, pretty spring colors with polka dots, they are 50% right now! I'm going to use mini cupcakes with them for mother's day

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%