Figuring Number Of Servings??!!

Decorating By mjs4492 Updated 21 Apr 2008 , 4:19pm by diane

mjs4492 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjs4492 Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 11:04pm
post #1 of 8

You get a call for a wedding cake for approximately 150 people.

Do you add the top tier in or not?? I realize you have to charge for that tier in the total price of the cake, but I'm miffed about whether it is added in to the number of servings.

Please, any help would be greatly appreciated!!!! Thanks!

7 replies
ihavasweet2th Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ihavasweet2th Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 12:26am
post #2 of 8

I ask the bride if she is going to save or serve the top tier. I still charge for it. If the bride is saving the top then I make another cake to make up for the servings that were in the top tier and of course charge for it too.

HTH

~ihavasweet2th~

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 8:00am
post #3 of 8

ditto. ask.

Hippiemama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hippiemama Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 1:17pm
post #4 of 8

I'm not open for business yet, but I plan on offering a fresh anniversary tier. Most people around here don't do the freezing of the cake now.

I would just check with her and find out if she is wanting to save it.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 1:20pm
post #5 of 8

I give the bride the choice .... keep and freeze or free one later. most go for the free one later. most wrinkle up their face and ask "why do you keep cake a year?" or "can you even eat cake that's a year old?"

funbun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funbun Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 1:28pm
post #6 of 8

I'm with indydebi, most of my brides choose the free one on their 1st anni.

icon_biggrin.gif

murf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
murf Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 1:32pm
post #7 of 8

We kept our top tier for a year without freezing it - it was a fruitcake I add before you wonder why I didn't end up in A and E! - and it was so beautiful at my daughters chrsitening.
As far as the original post is concerned, I think I go with all the others, ask the bride. If she intends to keep the top tier then it will leave her short of cake to feed everyone at the wedding.
Jenny

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 4:19pm
post #8 of 8

most brides want to keep the top tier. i wouldn't count it in with the rest of the servings, but i would charge for it. icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%