Transporting Cake With Fondant Pearls On Sides

Decorating By pjaycakes Updated 21 Apr 2008 , 1:52pm by wgoat5

pjaycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pjaycakes Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 10:08pm
post #1 of 6

I will be transporting a 3 tier 6-10-14 stacked cake with fondant pearls spaced 1" apart on the sides of each cake. The cakes will also have fondant drapes from side to side on each tier (that is another story). The cakes will be iced with crusting buttercream. What is the best way to attach them so that they don't fall off during the 30 minute drive, or is it inevitable that some or most will fall off? I plan on taking the cake already stacked. Thanks

5 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 10:48pm
post #2 of 6

When I do pearls on the sides of cakes I usually ice the cakes smooth then stick the pearls on with a dot of icing. I don't have problems with any falling off, usually, but I always bring some extra with me in case they do! You'd probably have more of a chance of them falling off if they were stuck to fondant, but with the buttercream they stick pretty well.

pjaycakes Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 10:20am
post #3 of 6

Do you thin the buttercream and dip the pearls in it before sticking on the cake or do you just pipe a small bit of icing on the cake then stick the pearl on?

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 10:48am
post #4 of 6

Patty I did one a while back and just stuck them in the icing.. (the pearls) I had no problems with any pearls falling off icon_smile.gif

pjaycakes Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 11:57am
post #5 of 6

Great thanks. I feel much better knowing I won't have 430 pearls rolling around in my car. icon_biggrin.gif

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 1:52pm
post #6 of 6

LMAO
I'm sorry that is a HILARIOUS visual LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%