Outdoors Theme Wedding ....need Ideas

Decorating By catin Updated 21 Apr 2008 , 11:00pm by mommyle

catin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catin Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 7:46pm
post #1 of 8

The Wedding is in August ... Need ideas for the cake . She wants a sheet cake (not sure on the size yet) . They are both avid fishermen and love the outdoors (info from a friend that knows the couple ). icon_smile.gif

Can anyone help .... The Bride to be wants to meet and see ideas by next week . icon_surprised.gif

Julie

7 replies
catin Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 10:36pm
post #2 of 8

Can anyone through out some ideas ? I'm totally stumbed on this one . I want it to look good and not like its from a grocery store .

The Bride to Be confirmed that she will be here at the end of the Week to see some ideas . I seriously need some imput .

Julie

Tallmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tallmama Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 10:54pm
post #3 of 8

Is the sheet cake going to be the wedding cake, or is it a gooms cake or something like it? If she is absolutly set on asheer cakt then I would do the whole lake with fishermen/people figures fishing and a lake scene. If she is not absolutly sold on the sheet cake then I think I would carve a fishing basket with a fishing poll, hooks, luers (sp?), and fish coming out of it. Hope that helps

catin Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 11:20pm
post #4 of 8

Yes, she is sold on the Sheet Cake idea . This will be the Wedding Cake . As I know it ...This is both their Second Marriage so she doesn't want anything too extravagent . Plus she's on a very tight budget .

Thanks

Julie

moey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moey Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 11:30pm
post #5 of 8

How about a lake scene with a little row boat in it with the couple in the boat facing each other leaning in for a kiss with wedding attire on and holding fishing poles.

elainec Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elainec Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 11:39pm
post #6 of 8

catin,
I am making a groom's cake. They want a sheet cake with the water and a man fishing. In the middle of the cake, they want a fondant fish jumpling
up half out of the water.

crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 10:41pm
post #7 of 8

maybe fish in wedding clothes (tie, top hat, veil) with "We're hooked" and their names and date on the cake? I have a fishing theme cake in my photos.

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 11:00pm
post #8 of 8

I am doing a wedding cake for next weekend, and we went with sheet cakes for the guests, and I'm doing a VERY simple dummy tier cake with a 6"cutting cake on the top for display. I don't know who is going to be cutting the sheet cake, so in order for every piece to look "decorated", and so they know where to cut the pieces, I am putting a little 1 inch chocolate pine tree on each piece (NOT a 3-d tree!!!). I am using the Wilton melts, green, melt them in a piping bag, cut a tiny bit off the end, and I have a template that I followed. I knocked off about 24 of them in less than 5 minutes, including the melting time. SUPER easy. PM me if you are interested.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%