Looking For A Firm Lemon Cake Recipe

Baking By sarabismommy Updated 23 Apr 2008 , 5:12pm by dandelion56602

sarabismommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarabismommy Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 6:42pm
post #1 of 6

I am looking for a lemon cake recipe that will make a firm not too moist cake. I am making a 3 tier cake that will be filled with bc and finished with fondant. I usually use doctored cake mix but i have a hard time cutting and filling and handling because they are just too moist. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you!

5 replies
chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 6:45pm
post #2 of 6

I add the grated zest of three lemons to my regular yellow recipe (makes two 8" cakes).

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 6:52pm
post #3 of 6

I haven't tried this recipe yet, but there's a lemon adaptation of the white almond sour cream cake which is so good. The white cake is nice and firm, so the lemon version may be, too. It sounds like an insane amount of lemon to me, but I suppose you need to counteract some of the sweetness of the other ingredients.

http://www.recipezaar.com/69630

mgigglin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgigglin Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 11:31am
post #4 of 6

I just did the version of the lemon WASC , well kinda...

I made the half recipe version which is about 1 1/3 cup liquid total... so I did 3/4 Cup of lemon juice, 1/4 Cup Lemoncello and the last 1/3 Cup of water. If it wasn't for a pregnant friend I would have put that last 1/3 as lemoncello also! icon_lol.gif Oh and I did lemon extract and zest, too. This was a nice firm cake and I had no problems torting and filling it. I hope you find your right cake icon_biggrin.gif

Kim

sarabismommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarabismommy Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 2:27pm
post #5 of 6

Thank you all for your input. I really want this cake to be great. It is for a friends baby shower who has had a terrible time conceiving and a very difficult pregnancy.

Kim- Did you follow the WASC lemon recipe which calls for the whole eggs instead of whites?

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 5:12pm
post #6 of 6

The Cake Mix Dr has a good one in her 1st book

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%