Cake Camp Vs Ices Convention...your Thoughts On Them

Decorating By kentuckyjode Updated 21 Apr 2008 , 8:16pm by snowshoe1

kentuckyjode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kentuckyjode Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 6:10pm
post #1 of 5

Would love to hear your thoughts on the Cake Camp and the ICES Convention....am trying to decide which to attend.would love to hear your take on them.Is one better than the other? A better value than the other?Help me decide!

4 replies
diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 4:26pm
post #2 of 5

i've never heard of cake camp...i'm interested in knowing too!

BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 4:32pm
post #3 of 5

I've never been to either... so I chose Cake Camp this year. They are having ICES in San Diego (where I'm originally from) next year (or maybe the year after... I can't remember), and I plan to attend then. I figure I could use the hands on classes more right now.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 7:09pm
post #4 of 5

I haven't been to a cake camp and don't know much about it, but I have been to 4 ICES Conventions. Some things I would consider and ask myself to decide though would be:

1. What is the comparison on the cost vs the length of it? Is one a better deal money wise? Don't forget travel and hotel stays.

2. Which one could I learn more at? Or am I looking to learn only certain things. I'm not sure with the cake camp, but a the convention they have demo's on almost every type of cake medium and on different skill levels. There really is something for everyone, from the begginers to the pros. They also now have hands on demos.

snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 8:16pm
post #5 of 5

I asked myself the same question and ended up going with Cake Camp due to the following reasons: ICES seems to have mostly demos - I'm a beginner and need hands on instruction and Cake Camp has a ton of classes (maybe I'm wrong but I didn't see any classes at ices??) and; I like Vegas better than Orlando icon_wink.gif .

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%