Having Major Probs With Rbc......help!!

Decorating By suzted7 Updated 22 Apr 2008 , 5:44am by dandelion56602

suzted7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzted7 Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 4:44pm
post #1 of 7

Either it's too wet or too dry. Everytime I roll it out to put on my dog....it starts to rip...........what is going on????? Do I put more water or more powdered sugar?????? AAAAAARRRRRGGGHHHH!!

6 replies
suzted7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzted7 Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 6:04pm
post #2 of 7

I've checked other posts and I'm not getting a definitive answer thru any one of them.....can ANYONE help me???? I can't finish this cake until I know what to do................

trixieleigh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trixieleigh Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 2:47pm
post #3 of 7

Are you covering a cake with it?

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 4:35pm
post #4 of 7

I would like to know why you're putting water in it? If it's too dry add some Crisco. If it's too "wet" put some ps---I usually do a T at a time if it's close to being just right.

trixieleigh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trixieleigh Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 6:21pm
post #5 of 7

You could also put some cornstarch in it if it's too dry.

Like the previous post...you didn't put water in it when you were making it, did you??? Every recipe I've ever seen, including the one that I use, has never calles for water. That might be the problem.

lovetofrost Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovetofrost Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 6:33pm
post #6 of 7

I agree with the other. Don't put in any water. Put powdered sugar if it is too sticky and crisco if it's too dry. One thing I noticed when I do mine is it kind of softens and looks better after it sits. Maybe let it rest a while then try again.

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 5:44am
post #7 of 7

I don't know if I would use cornstarch. I might be afraid it would affect the taste & texture. I think I would stick to PS. Have better luck yet?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%