Help With Cake For My Brothers

Decorating By coreenag Updated 23 Apr 2008 , 3:08am by coreenag

coreenag Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 4:15pm
post #1 of 5

Both of my brothers birthday are in May and we are going to be getting together for one of the weekends. I want to make a cake for them but am stuck for ideas. I am the youngest in the family so like to bug them about being their "much younger" sister etc. I also like to say I am their favorite etc. Does anyone have any ideas to incorporate this into a cake.... I really like to bug them (still after all these years...) (They in turn bug me because I am the only one of the kids that wasn't born in May!)
I was thinking of an over the hill type cake but would like some other ideas as well.
Thanks everyone!

4 replies
xstitcher Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 1:04am
post #2 of 5

Hi,

I don't have any original ideas right now, I'll think about it and get back to you if I do but I was wondering how "over the hill" are they actually?

I did a quick search in the forums and found this (yes I know it sounds morbid but there is a lost and found theme in that thread). - I don't know what sense of humour your brothers have but the hear lies my youth tombstone is kinda funny as well (in a bit of a morbid way).

You could also look at some of the cakes in the galleries for some more "over the hill" ideas. Sorry I couldn't help you too much but at least it will get you a bump!

Good Luck! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Tog Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 4:28am
post #3 of 5

i like the over the hill idea, and im not sure if you can sculpt figures but to have something like a very young joyous you at the top of the "young" side of the hill handing the numbers of their age to them over to the "old" side

buzymom1975 Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 12:33pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tog

i like the over the hill idea, and im not sure if you can sculpt figures but to have something like a very young joyous you at the top of the "young" side of the hill handing the numbers of their age to them over to the "old" side

LOL.....love that idea!!!!! I agree though, how old are your brothers? That little bit of extra info might help others to give you more ideas. I personally would do something with a BUG since you like to "bug" them. Maybe a bug wearing glasses and a hearing aid? That would be cool.

coreenag Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 3:08am
post #5 of 5

Oh I like the bug idea... and the "mini me" on the young side. One of my brothers is going to be 48 the other 39. and yeah we have a pretty good sense of humour (or a strange one maybe!) So the tombstone would go over well too. Maybe I could add another "mini me" on it somehow!
Thanks everyone and I am still open to more suggestions~

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%