Satin Ice

Decorating By bubba01 Updated 20 Apr 2008 , 3:46pm by bubba01

bubba01 Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 2:42pm
post #1 of 6

Hi everyone! I've never used satin ice before, I've always used Wilton's fondant. Well I've bought my 1st tub of Satin Ice for a wedding for next weekend. Do you use the same way as Wilton's fondant? It seems really soft will it get hard after sitting out? And do youhave to freeze once it's on the cake? Any advise on using Satin Ice would be appreciated. Thanks.

5 replies
gandelmom Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 2:57pm
post #2 of 6

I, too, just bought my first tub! I love it> It's much easier to use. You roll it just like Wilton's. It does harden. Why would you want to freeze it though?

ladij153 Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 3:01pm
post #3 of 6

Hi Bubba01!

I use Satin Ice all the time and it works just fine.

I usually roll it out between two sheets of clear plastic. I get it at Walmart, it's in the fabric department and on a roll. I use the medium weight.

I roll it out to size, take off the top sheet of plastic and flip the bottom sheet over onto my cake then carefully peel the plastic away from the fondant. Smooth it down onto your cake as usual.

No you don't need to freeze it. As soon as you're done with your smoothing and trimming just set your cake aside and it will dry.

I hope this helps!!

Cake on...

Mommaskip Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 3:23pm
post #4 of 6

i would love to try satin ice as well. where do you ladies purchase your satin ice from? or do i need o order off the internet

gandelmom Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 3:28pm
post #5 of 6

I bought mine online at

bubba01 Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 3:46pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks everyone! I read on the Satin Ice website about freezing it. I bouhgt mine at a cake supply store where I live. Can't wait to try it. It has a good flavor. Thanks.

Quote by @%username% on %date%