How Do I Add A Flavored Juice To This Recipe?

Decorating By Mommaskip Updated 21 Apr 2008 , 9:17am by JanH

Mommaskip Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 12:57pm
post #1 of 6

I want to add an orange strawberry banana flavored juice i have to the recipe below for the flavor. Is it possible without ruining the recipe?
Vanilla Butter Cake from The Mermaid Bakery

This is a scratch cake recipe that makes a cake comparable to the texture and taste of a box mix....only better. It makes a tender crumb that, when cool, carves easily, and stacks well. It's versatile too. I use it for my rum cakes, substituting 1/2 cup of rum for half of the milk, bake in a bundt pan, and then brush with a sugar/rum syrup.

1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
2 cups sugar
4 large eggs, at room temperature
1 Tbls white vinegar + enough milk to make 1 cup, at room temperature
1 tsp Creme Bouqet or 1 tsp Vanilla
2 3/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
2 1/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees, put oven rack into center of oven.
Grease and flour pans (9X13, 3=8", 2=9", or 1=10")
Cream butter and sugar together until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each. Mix the Creme Bouqet or Vanilla into the milk. Mix the flour, baking powder and salt together in a separate bowl. Add flour to butter/sugar/eggs in two parts, alternating with the milk mixture, beating well after each addition. Divide batter into prepared pans. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into the center of cake comes out clean. Let cool in pans 10 minutes, then remove from pans and cool completely on wire rack.

5 replies
kbrown99 Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 1:20pm
post #2 of 6

I answered in the other thread. HTH

Mommaskip Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 1:37pm
post #3 of 6

would i be replacing the buttermilk in the recipe or just the flavorings since this recipe does not have alot of liquid

Mommaskip Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 1:41pm
post #4 of 6

sorry thanks i just read it now. thanks again.

kbrown99 Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 1:44pm
post #5 of 6

In the other thread, I said to replace the milk, but use lemon juice in place of the vinegar. If your juice is more of syrupy consistency, you could probably just add a little bit to your recipe without changing the texture too much.

JanH Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 9:17am
post #6 of 6

Quote by @%username% on %date%