Frozen Buttercream Transfer

Decorating By msfox1 Updated 20 Apr 2008 , 10:49pm by chestercheeto

msfox1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msfox1 Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 5:05am
post #1 of 4

Ok, so I tried this for the first time tonight. It actually turned out better than I expected. One question though for those that have used this method...what is your technique for getting the transfer evenly iced once your design is finished. I followed the directions I found but my transfer was thin in some spots. How to remedy this?? Thanks for your help.

Melissa

3 replies
clsilvus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clsilvus Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 6:15am
post #2 of 4

Did you put a layer of icing across the back? Usually the same colour of the cake. It would help with the thin parts.

I do have to say though that I love chocolate transfers way better. Same idea as fbct but with chocolate melts.....way easier and turns out way smoother!

msfox1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msfox1 Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 4:12pm
post #3 of 4

Casey

Yes, I did put a layer of frosting on the back of it. It was still thinner in some spots. Not noticable when making the transfer, mostly noticable after putting it on the cake. It looks alright but I notice the thin spots. I might have to try the chocolate idea. So, that's the same as using icing, just using candy melts ?? Is there any info here about the chocolate transfer?
Thanks
Melissa

chestercheeto Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chestercheeto Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 10:49pm
post #4 of 4

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%