Lab Cake

Decorating By Jenna217 Updated 22 Apr 2008 , 12:53am by janebrophy

Jenna217 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenna217 Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 12:46am
post #1 of 3

Ok, so I'll be doing my first full sheet cake (thanks to everyone who helped me with those questions!) and now I'm curious as to how to go about decorating it exactly. I just got instructions as to what MUST go on there a couple days ago. This logo (the microscope, beaker, test tube and DNA) must go on it...

...so that means I'll also be doing my first FBCT also. icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif They also want the words 'Lab Week' and the phrase of 'Helping people one test at a time' on it. Other than that, it's free range. Since the cake is so large (18"x24") I am going to do the DNA, microscope, beaker and test tube in 4 different sections with each element being approximately the size of 6"x6". Should I put any other decorative pieces on there such as swirls, polka dots etc. ...just throwing out basic ideas? Or should I just put on the FBCT only with the wording in a sense of 'less is more'?

Also - anyone have ideas for border style and colors? I'm totally drawing a blank on this one. icon_eek.gificon_cry.gif

Thanks guys!! icon_smile.gif

2 replies
LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 12:41am
post #2 of 3

I'd make it look pretty much like the invitation. I would also use the same colors as the invitation.

When you get it all together, I think then you can decide if it needs "more" rather than leaving space on purpose to add embelishments.

janebrophy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janebrophy Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 12:53am
post #3 of 3

I agree with Linda! It's a pretty colourful logo, once you get it & the writing on the cake, you may find a simple white border will do the trick! Post a pic when you finish, Good luck! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%