Can Someone Scan A Pic From A 2005 Book For Me?

Decorating By indydebi Updated 20 Apr 2008 , 5:14pm by indydebi

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 19 Apr 2008 , 10:25pm
post #1 of 7

The book is the wilton one with the pink/white cake on front with the "ball" pillars between the tiers.....2005 publ. Bride is interested in the cake on page 16 (white with white fondant balls on the side, called "Bell of the Ball"). She'd like a copy of the cake emailed to her but I don't own a scanner. I've tried to find a pic of this cake on the internet, but no luck.

Anyone willing to scan and email to me?

6 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 19 Apr 2008 , 11:01pm
post #2 of 7

here's a forum size version.

if you need large, ring my chime!

----

p.s. -- personal opinion of design -> ICK! gak! thbbbbbttt!
LL

butterflywings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflywings Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 12:00am
post #3 of 7

haha, doug, you're funny. i think if they had just done the fondant balls on the bottom of each tier as the border, it would be much prettier to me. with all those dots all over it, it reminds me of a bubble bath

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 4:40am
post #4 of 7

I hear Lawrence Welk....

indydebi Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 12:42pm
post #5 of 7

you guys are so fun and funny! thanks to all who helped get me this pic!

eriksmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eriksmom Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 1:02pm
post #6 of 7

indydebi, i want you to know that if you have never used those separator balls (but you probably have), they are a complete PIA!!! i did another design from that book a long time ago. i thought, how hard can that be? that's what i get for thinking.

if your cake isn't the exact height and perfectly even all around like a foam dummy, then you may have to cut your pillars to get it right. that can make it uneven, as those things are a pain to cut, even just a little. my cake turned out a bit, shall we say uneven, and i didn't even bother to take a picture.

that wilton book is now tucked away in a drawer, as people tend to like the designs, and i don't like doing them. Good Luck!!!

indydebi Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 5:14pm
post #7 of 7

No, I haven't used them. THanks for the heads up. I'll definitely talk to my cake-supply-shop-owner (my mentor for any new stuff I try!) and get some good how-to-tips from her, too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%