Speed Racer Cake

Decorating By kafenervosa Updated 19 Apr 2008 , 10:45pm by kafenervosa

kafenervosa Posted 19 Apr 2008 , 9:21pm
post #1 of 4

This is my first post, so please bear with me. My son wants his birthday cake to be the Speed Racer car from the new movie. HELP!!!! The car is a convertible with a windshield wrapped around. What would you use for the windshield? Also, if I want the car to look like it is on the axle (not sitting on the ground) how would I do this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks so much!

3 replies
MORSELSBYMARK Posted 19 Apr 2008 , 9:40pm
post #2 of 4

I'm not sure about the windshield, but to suspend the car, build a support base out of foamcore and hot glue it to the cake board. Make the height the same height as what your tires will be. I 've done two trucks this way.

Doug Posted 19 Apr 2008 , 9:43pm
post #3 of 4

for support:

sketch one is a close up of how to cut board and use short hidden pillars to hold up the board so it appears to be floating above the baseboard.

sketch 2 show alternate method of using a block that runs down the middle. this block would be painted out black.

in either event -- block or pillars should be would so the board can be screwed to it and then the whole assembly be screwed to a baseboard of wood for the most stability.

---

windshield could be candy glass cut and bent to shape.
http://www.cooks.com/rec/search/0,1-0,candy_glass,FF.html
LL
LL

kafenervosa Posted 19 Apr 2008 , 10:45pm
post #4 of 4

WOW! You guys are awesome! Thanks so much!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%