Experimenting... Really Good White Chocolate Cake.. Question

Decorating By Jopalis Updated 21 Apr 2008 , 8:07pm by ladyonzlake

Jopalis Posted 19 Apr 2008 , 6:21pm
post #1 of 7

Hello there. I was experimenting today with a recipe I got here on CC for a white chocolate cake. How I changed it was: cake flour instead of all purpose, 2% buttermilk (because that's all I could get), melted the white choc in cream instead of water. I figured the cream would help add back some of the fat that the 2% buttermilk lacked. It was a little thick with cream instead of water so I put 2T of French Vanilla liquid coffee creamer. Baked it in a bundt pan instead of layers so lowered temp from 350 to 325. I made some raspberry filling and really wanted to have a raspberry swirl. However, what I feared would happen did... the raspberry sunk. I didn't want to blend it with some of the cake batter cuz I wanted a nice concentrated raspberry ripple. Since it is a bundt, it settled to what is the top of the cake. I guess that's ok. I will cover with a little white chocolate ganache and let it drizzle down. So, it will be raspberry and white chocolate on the top of the slice... ok...

The cake is moist and a little fluffy with good flavor. My husband and daughter love it. Not really what I would call bundt like.... However, I think this cake would be wonderful in regular cake pans with raspberry or whatever filling.

Next time I may add a white chocolate pudding mix and a little oil to make it more bundt cakey.... and would really like to get the raspberry swirl. Next time I may just use some seedless raspberry jam instead of making the filling. I used 3T of cornstarch in it and think it was a little "gel like" if you know what I mean.

OK so give me your thoughts, ideas, etc. PLESASE. icon_smile.gif

The cake is really good as is as well. BTW, you can get a really tasty white chocolate filling with white chocolate pudding mix and cream and if you wanted a hint of the raspberry flavor you could brush the cake layers with a sugar syrup with raspberry liquor or extract. IMBC or SMBC would be divine on it!!!

6 replies
JanH Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 6:39am
post #2 of 7

Sorry I can't help; I'm not much of an experimenter....

However, I would be very happy to volunteer as a taste tester. icon_biggrin.gif

bcake1960 Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 6:44am
post #3 of 7

Sounds Yummy... thanks for the great discription now I want to go bake a cake!

sgilmer Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 12:37pm
post #4 of 7

Which white chocolate cake was it?

Jopalis Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 3:10pm
post #5 of 7

Swiss White Chocolate Cake by Bubelz here on CC. I am really trying to find out how to get a raspberry ripple in the center (ish) area of the cake and not have it settle. Hopefully someone knows. The cake went over very well where I took it Saturday. Everyone loved it. The texture of the cake from the bundt pan was good for a bundt and not just really fluffy like the cupcakes I made from the excess batter.

I wish I could have found the white chocolate raspberry creamer to add instead of the vanilla but store didn't have it. Not sure if it is not being sold anymore or just my store...

Good luck! I drizzled the top with white chocolate ganache.

Auryn Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 7:06pm
post #6 of 7

oohh that sounds delicious

so wait you pour the raspberry mix/jam into the unbaked cake batter?? like you would choco chips, nuts etc?? so it comes out like a stuffed doughnut almost??
that sounds splendid

ladyonzlake Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 8:07pm
post #7 of 7

So you want to swirl in the raspberry kind of like raspberry swirl cheesecake? I think the batter has to be fairly thick to hold the raspberry up. Maybe a pound cake recipe would work better? I've been wanting to experiment with that too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%