Bratz Doll Cake

Decorating By trinigirl Updated 27 Apr 2008 , 2:44am by bobhope

trinigirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trinigirl Posted 19 Apr 2008 , 5:49pm
post #1 of 6

Hi,
My daughter is having asweet sixteen birthday party soon and she wants a doll cake and wants it to be about 3 feet high .I am a new decorator ,can any you give any suggestions?

5 replies
bobhope Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobhope Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 2:57am
post #2 of 6

welcome to cc trinigirl, you'll love it here...i had a customer yesterday inquiring for 3.5ft to 4ft tall(doll including)doll cake for her daughter's 18th birthday. from what i learned from my baking class is you can't bake a cake taller than 4ins.what i plan to do if ever the mom decides to have this cake is to bake 7layers at 4ins tall per layer & place a wooden board in between layers, dowel them well & carve it to shape like a gown. i know it's going to be lot of work. i didn't give in to the price she wanted ( she was comparing my price to the one quoted by our local bakery aargh)anyway, that's another story but i'm sure there are others here who have other ideas on how to go about it...good luck & don't forget to post a picture of the cake..

bobbie

lindy01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lindy01 Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 4:03am
post #3 of 6

yeah i would do it in several cake layers. i thing you can buy a bratzs doll head, think it was the one where you play hairdressing with her hair. that would be a good size to put on top of the dress.

waywordz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
waywordz Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 4:40am
post #4 of 6

I'm fairly new here but, I love this site. This is the first place I've ever joined in discussions, etc., so bear with me please as I learn. I took a lot of cake decorating classes and a friends daughter asked me to do a doll cake for her. For her birthday I did a regular sized Bratz doll cake for her gift. I sat the wonder mold cake on a second bottom cake tier. I didn't put a board between them because the doll needed the extra room for height. And still I had to remove her feet. (luckily that was easy. They went right back on, too.) Long story short, it worked. I wrapped the (undressed) doll in 'plastic wrap' and did her jewelry in bc. I told her mom to be sure and remove the doll before cutting the cake. (The doll & the cake got put in the refrigerator and was forgotten. She and cake were tossed out later. All that remain are her feet. Shoes still on.) I had people coming up at the party and telling how beautiful it was and asking if I would make one for them. My head was so swollen with compliments I almost couldn't get through the door when I got home. (Joke) Really. I love doing cakes! Not in business yet though, so I turned down the offers. I don't have a clue where to start. Gotta check that forum out later. I wonder what it would be like to make a 3 foot tall one! Lucky you. How would you attach that head? Hope this wasn't too long.

trinigirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trinigirl Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 8:35pm
post #5 of 6

Hi ,
Thank you for your ideas.Bobbie if you get the job to do the cake please post it.

bobhope Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobhope Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 2:44am
post #6 of 6

you're most welcome trinigirl...i'll sure do post..the mom 'tho didn't get back to me anymore, the price is way out of her budget (i gave her a 2nd choice to fit her budget but she said cake is too small at 2ft tall, oh well)....glad to be of help to fellow cc'ers icon_smile.gif ...bobbie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%