Cutting Down Sugarshack's Icing?

Decorating By tonimarie Updated 19 Apr 2008 , 6:43pm by tracey1970

tonimarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonimarie Posted 19 Apr 2008 , 5:21pm
post #1 of 5

I was wondering if anyone has halfed the recipe to make a smaller batch? What were the ratio's? I want to make a batch to practice with, but not that large of one. Just wondering if anyone has experience with this? icon_rolleyes.gif

4 replies
biancas_mommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
biancas_mommy Posted 19 Apr 2008 , 5:24pm
post #2 of 5

i think the main problem with this is the most important part of her recipe is that you have enough icing to totally cover the mixing part of your mixer so no air is getting beat into it. so when you half the recipe, there's not enough to cover the paddle, and it's not really sugarshack's icing anymore. that said if you still want to half it can't you just use the regular recipe and cut all the ingredients in half? icon_smile.gif that's what i would do. good luck!

vixterfsu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vixterfsu Posted 19 Apr 2008 , 5:40pm
post #3 of 5

I actually halfed her recipe and it came out fine.
I just ran my mixer slow.

tonimarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonimarie Posted 19 Apr 2008 , 6:01pm
post #4 of 5

good point biancasmommy-hadn't thought of there not being enough to cover the paddle completely icon_redface.gif

tracey1970 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracey1970 Posted 19 Apr 2008 , 6:43pm
post #5 of 5

There is a thread on here somewhere that gives the recipe for Sugarshack's icing that will fit a 4.5 quart mixer, which is a bit smaller than her original recipe. Can't remember where it is right now, but maybe a search could find it??

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%