Retirement Party Ideas Needed!

Decorating By akgirl10 Updated 22 Apr 2008 , 12:51pm by buzymom1975

akgirl10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
akgirl10 Posted 19 Apr 2008 , 4:08pm
post #1 of 5

I'm doing a couple of cakes for a guy who works with my husband (dept. of transportation). So far I'm doing a wine bottle in a crate cake, like the one in my photos. Then I'll probably make a sheet cake, and am at a loss for ideas. I'd like to do a cake to tie in with the wine theme, but could also do a transportation theme, any suggestions?

4 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 19 Apr 2008 , 7:33pm
post #2 of 5

suitcase w/ labels showing visits to major wineries/vineyards around the world?

Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 3:55pm
post #3 of 5

OOOOOO, I like Doug's idea of a suit case! You could also do a train, the Eiffel Tower, a cake in the shape of Italy, France, etc.

But, I think the suitcase would be perfect with some "stickers" on it representing different countries. Very cute.

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 12:52am
post #4 of 5

This has nothing to do with transportation, but I have been waiting for an opportunity to do a retirement cake with Elmer Fudd on it ... I want to write "West and Wewaxation at Wast!"

buzymom1975 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
buzymom1975 Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 12:51pm
post #5 of 5

I am thinking it has to have some grapes somehow incorporated since you said about wines. I do like the suitcase idea though as well. **light bulb goes on** A suitcase (decorated w/stickers), partially opened w/ grapes, cheese, and wine inside. Hope you follow where my rambling thoughts are going...lol If not, PM me and I will try and draw it out for you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%