Is There A Way To Save A Post?

Decorating By marion123 Updated 22 Apr 2008 , 12:34am by LittleLinda

marion123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marion123 Posted 19 Apr 2008 , 10:41am
post #1 of 5

Good Morning

Is there a way, I can save a post and all of the reply's? I have been printing the ones that I need to help me when I need them for a referrence when I need it, but I have so much paper.. Can I some how save the post?

4 replies
veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 19 Apr 2008 , 11:01am
post #2 of 5

The only way I know to do that is to click on the "Watch this topic for replies" notice at the bottom of the postings. There may be another way, but I'm not aware of it.

marion123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marion123 Posted 19 Apr 2008 , 11:33am
post #3 of 5

thanks, I'm going to start checking the link..

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 19 Apr 2008 , 12:10pm
post #4 of 5

I save them in a word document. Here's what I do.....

Copy the address of the thread (from your browser window) and paste it on a word doc. Because I'm getting so many favorites, I also cut-n-paste a favorite part of the thread's text right below the copied link. I have one doc of multiple, general topics. I create separate docs for topics with lots of threads (pricing threads, serving sizes, how to do consultations, etc).

When I need one of these, I go to my folder, select the topic, copy-n-paste the link into my browser and I'm there. By saving some of the text, I still have the content to some of my favorite threads that were lost in the crash.

I believe some CC'ers save them as a "favorites" (at top of the screen, click "favorites", click "Add to favorites") but if I did that, it would go on for miles! icon_lol.gif )

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 12:34am
post #5 of 5

Click on "watch this topic for replies" ... or make a reply and it will automatically have you watching the topic.

Up on the top of the page it says "watched topics" It has all the posts you have been watching. You can weed some out by checking the box on the right and click "stop watching this topic".

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%