of course, it will not be eaten. Just wondering if it (the color) would bleed? Everytime I buy edible markers, they look like crap
I would think it'll probably work - sharpies are awesome.
There are ink pens you can get now that are edible - I saw them in the cake decorating section at the local Ben Franklins about 2 weeks ago - I would think those probably wouldn't bleed.
I have seen the edible pens used on fondant and they came out fine. Then there are no worries to make sure it is not eaten.
I wouldn't even venture doing that. Use edible markers, the good kind.
I wouldn't unless it's for a display cake. Even if it's not intended to be eaten, you never know what might happen.
You can take a look at my sports ball cakes in my profile. I used a sharpie on the little fondant Happy Birthday squares. Of course, these were not touching the cake and were not eaten.
You have to be careful not to press too hard when using the sharpie b/c it easily sinks into the fondont. Or maybe let the fondont harden a little before you write on it.
My sharpie says non-toxic on it so even if someone did eat it it wouldn't hurt them. I would be very cautious using it though because although it is non toxic it is not food grade safe.
look in my gallery and find the golf ball on the chocolate cake with grass... Titliest or however it is spelled is written on a fondant plaque with a Sharpie. I just let the customer know ahead of time to pull that off!
I went looking for food writers at my local cake shop. They didn't have any and she said "I just use a sharpie...they're non toxic". I considered it, but the way those things smell???? Not on something people will eat. But I would surely use it on something someone was not going to eat without hesitation.