Luster Dust Versus Pearl Dust????

Decorating By deanwithana Updated 9 Jul 2008 , 4:39am by deanwithana

deanwithana Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 5:18pm
post #1 of 4

TGIF!!!!! Can someone tell me if Luster Dust and Pearl Dust

are different???

I had to edit this post to a shorter version as it was messing up.....

3 replies
lanibird Posted 19 Apr 2008 , 4:36pm
post #2 of 4

This thread is a sticky over in the Cake Decorating Forum and should help you out. thumbs_up.gif

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-54059.html

TexasSugar Posted 19 Apr 2008 , 4:43pm
post #3 of 4

Quick answer is yes and no. icon_smile.gif

If you are talking about Luster Dust and Pearl Dust from brands like CK then yes they are different. Luster dust come in colors and have that shiny/shimmery look to them. Pearl dusts are usually white and shimmery, but can have under tones of other colors.

Now if you are talking about Luster Dust verses Wilton's Pearl Dust, then you are pretty much talking about the same product. I'm not sure why Wilton is calling theirs Pearl dust when it does seem more like Luster, but oh well. Wilton's is FDA approved though, where as most of the other dusts are concidered non toxic, but not edible.

If you live in an area that doesn't have a cake supply store and only has Wilton's products at the craft store, you should be able to find Wilton's Pearl Dust. And the good news for those people is they are coming out with 4 new colors this year. My Michaels already has them out, so watch in the next month at yours for them and the other new products they are coming out with. The new colors are green, blue, red and purple. icon_smile.gif

deanwithana Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 4:39am
post #4 of 4

Thanks for the information!!!! I will look for both and compare!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%