Familiar With Ft. Wayne, In? Safe Area To Live For Swf?

Lounge By cande Updated 26 Apr 2008 , 6:42pm by misha35

cande Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cande Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 4:17pm
post #1 of 7

Hey guys!
Anyone familiar with Ft. Wayne, IN? If so, where is a safe place to live for a single white female (SWF)? I have heard horrible stories about Ft. Wayne and seen all of the news about the murders (especially recently) icon_eek.gificon_confused.gif
Which neighborhoods/area/apartment complexes would be good to live short-term (4ish months)?

Any tips would be GREATLY appreciated!

6 replies
cande Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 2:17am
post #2 of 7

Anyone?

TheDomesticDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheDomesticDiva Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 12:13am
post #3 of 7

Try www.city-data.com, you can sign up for their forums and get all the info you need about specific cities from people who live there! Hope this helps!

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 1:58pm
post #4 of 7

I live in the area.

The only apartments I know of off hand that allow short leases is Canterbury Green. I think they are moderately priced and in decent shape. They can come furnished also. They may not be good if you are older, because of its location near the college they have a lot of young people.

You didn't give me much relevant info to work with. I would much prefer to know your age, what you are interested in, where you will be working/going to school, your budget, etc.

BTW...Ft Wayne is safe, unless you are a young man involved in the gang life or drugs.

cande Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 11:45pm
post #5 of 7

Thank you for the link LadyDZA!

I PM'ed you Maryjsgirl icon_biggrin.gif

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 8:05am
post #6 of 7

I'm sure where ever you go you can make it a great place to be. Especially around military areas.

misha35 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misha35 Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 6:42pm
post #7 of 7

I took some of my high school students on a field trip to Ft Wayne a few weeks ago to check out colleges. Looks like a nice area. I would think you would have some crime like Indy because it is one of the larger cities in the area. They have a few large malls and at a few colleges. good luck in your research!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%