Teal Flowers For An Anniversary Cake???

Decorating By angelcakes5 Updated 18 Apr 2008 , 3:56pm by angelcakes5

angelcakes5 Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 3:43pm
post #1 of 4

I am making a anniversary cake for this weekend and they wanted teal flowers on the cake. I am doing an edible image of their wedding pictures which is black and white. What kind of flowers would any of you do?? I am not sure if I would like to do teal roses? But I was thinking maybe doing Easter Lilies white with teal centers or maybe daisies with teal centers?? Just a little teal not alot, something suttle I think?? Please help!!!!

3 replies
2508s42 Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 3:51pm
post #2 of 4

What was their wedding flower? Maybe you could copy that. If they are having photos of the wedding on the cake, they probably would like replica flowers. Good luck.

Petit-four Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 3:51pm
post #3 of 4

I agree with you 100% -- all teal flowers don't work very well on a cake, especially in buttercream.

It was 1997...I was at a wedding...a massive cascade of teal roses and leaves on a 3 tier wedding cake, the bridesmaids in shiny satin teal hoop-skirts. It got warm, the butter-cream started to melt...it wasn't pretty.

Anyway, back to 2008! Perhaps, exactly as you mention, tiny violet-like teal accent flowers, or teal centers. Also, if they don't like a lot of flowers, a subtle accent of tiny teal swiss dots would work well too.

As you know, Wilton makes a teal coloring.

Hope this helps. icon_smile.gif

angelcakes5 Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 3:56pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks for the replies, not that I am thinking maybe I could do some apple blossoms with the teal the the swiss dots. The wheels are turning.

Thanks all !!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%