Rice Krispy Treat As A Hat Box Lid...will It Work?

Decorating By Lori2240 Updated 18 Apr 2008 , 5:07pm by Lori2240

Lori2240 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lori2240 Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 2:26pm
post #1 of 5

I would like to stay away from styrofoam and have the cake be 100% edible. If I cover a shaped treat in fondant, do you think it will work. Also, I have never used MMF before. Do you recommend it? Does it taste better and is it easy to work with? Can it be refrigerated? Sorry for all the ?s... you dont have to answer all of them icon_smile.gif

4 replies
Lori2240 Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 2:32pm
post #2 of 5

Forgot to mention...I want to prop the lid... do you think it would stay supported?

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 4:19pm
post #3 of 5

When I do rice krispies for anything I also put melted candy melts all over the shape made from the krispies, because when it cools off it will be a solid piece and the krispies won't fall apart. I recently saw someone on a cake competition on food network doing the same thing, so I guess it works for more people than just me!

ibteana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibteana Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 4:27pm
post #4 of 5

I made a treasure chest with the lid proped open made from rice krispie treats it worked great. I covered in chocobutter cream looked just like the cake. super easy to do

Lori2240 Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 5:07pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks... I think I will go ahead and do it. The chocolate melts over it is such a helpful idea. Thanks!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%