Suggestions For Getting Print On A Bible Cake?

Decorating By cakedout Updated 19 Apr 2008 , 3:13pm by lalalady

cakedout Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 11:54am
post #1 of 8

I am working on an open Bible cake, and the verse that the client requested is much too long for me to write out in icing (bad thumb! icon_cry.gif ) I've seen pics here on CC and was wondering how it was done?

I don't have the machine to do edible images. Any suggestions?

7 replies
kakeladi Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 12:09pm
post #2 of 8

Well my suggestion does imvolve writing it out.
Print out the message on your computer using 'mirror' image (backwords); cover that w/plastic wrap; trace over it w/your icing just as if you would writing on the cake; fz it for a few minutes then turn it over onto the cake. If you print isn't too small it will work great. Just use a very small tip - probably 1, or no bigger than a 2.

The only other thing I can suggest is to print it out on paper; mount on a fondant (or gp) plaque/backing and tell the customer to remove it before serving.

bethola Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 12:18pm
post #3 of 8

WalMart bakeries will do the edible image for $5.00. I think some Costco's will as well.

I know it's extra money spent, but, I'd spend $5.00 to save my thumb.

Beth in KY

thecakemaker Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 12:19pm
post #4 of 8

Well - you're going to have to write it out or use an edible image unless you can get a piece of parchment paper or maybe a light paper like tracing paper to print it on from your computer that you can lay on top.

Good luck!
Debbie

TiaCakes Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 12:26pm
post #5 of 8

The edible markers are fairly cheap and write well on fondant or gumpaste (that has dried a little). I've used them before with good results.

LetThereBeCake07 Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 12:38pm
post #6 of 8

if you print it out on your pc then completely cover it with clear contact paper and just place it on the cake and tell the customer to remove it before cutting and serving.

cakedout Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 3:58pm
post #7 of 8

Thanks for all the great ideas! icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

I'll post a pic when it's done!

lalalady Posted 19 Apr 2008 , 3:13pm
post #8 of 8

Hello you could print it out on your computer in your chosen font. Place a sheet of rice [ wafer paper ] over the top and trace the writing using a gold or black edible food pen. Curl the corners of the rice [ wafer ] paper before sticking into your open bible.

Sue

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%