Debbie Brown's Books - Any Feedback?

Decorating By Bellatheball Updated 17 Apr 2008 , 11:28pm by trumpetmidget

Bellatheball Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 9:40pm
post #1 of 6

Hi everyone,

I've been looking at a few DVDs as suggested on this website. I'm also looking for more books and came across Debbie Brown's. I remember seeing them in the book store several months ago and thinking her idea of simple and my idea of simple are not one in the same! I started reading online reviews and many of them said she really does a good job breaking down the steps in an effort to make all of the cakes doable. Before I drop more money, I thought I'd ask for feedback here.

Thanks (again!)

5 replies
staceyboots Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 9:56pm
post #2 of 6

i have 2 of her books (50 Easy Party Cakes & Enchanted Cakes)...but unfortuantely I havent tried any of her designs yet.

even though i am not an expert in cake decorating, the steps seem relatively easy to follow.

if i go to the amazon website, you can actually scroll through these 2 books and see the instructions before buying

2sdae Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 9:59pm
post #3 of 6

I have almost all her books and I love each one. She gets down and breaks it into easy understandable steps and you can see what she's doing too. Good pics and explanations.
I highly recommend them.

superstar Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 10:05pm
post #4 of 6

Debbie Brown's books are fabulous & she explains everything so beautifully.

mixinvixen Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 10:11pm
post #5 of 6

debbie brown is really my favorite, because she's so whimsical. several of my cakes have incorporated things that i've interpreted from her books...in the next month or so, i'll be doing 2 of her designs...the wizard owl from the cover of "magical cakes", and the boxers from the " naughty cakes" book. i also have the "extra naughty cakes" book, along with "enchanted cakes" and "cartoon cakes". i love them all!

trumpetmidget Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 11:28pm
post #6 of 6

I have her naughty cake book (I swear, I bought it because of the figure making directions...no one seems to believe that, though) and I did make the car with the hineys (Only I made a T-Bird, not a VW). It is actually in my photos (without the hineys. I wasn't sure if I could put that in or not, so I took a pic before I added the hineys). I found the book very easy to follow. And her directions for making figures out of fondant (people) is great. I would recomend her any time. HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%