Debbie Brown's Books - Any Feedback?

Decorating By Bellatheball Updated 17 Apr 2008 , 11:28pm by trumpetmidget

Bellatheball Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 9:40pm
post #1 of 6

Hi everyone,

I've been looking at a few DVDs as suggested on this website. I'm also looking for more books and came across Debbie Brown's. I remember seeing them in the book store several months ago and thinking her idea of simple and my idea of simple are not one in the same! I started reading online reviews and many of them said she really does a good job breaking down the steps in an effort to make all of the cakes doable. Before I drop more money, I thought I'd ask for feedback here.

Thanks (again!)

5 replies
staceyboots Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 9:56pm
post #2 of 6

i have 2 of her books (50 Easy Party Cakes & Enchanted Cakes)...but unfortuantely I havent tried any of her designs yet.

even though i am not an expert in cake decorating, the steps seem relatively easy to follow.

if i go to the amazon website, you can actually scroll through these 2 books and see the instructions before buying

2sdae Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 9:59pm
post #3 of 6

I have almost all her books and I love each one. She gets down and breaks it into easy understandable steps and you can see what she's doing too. Good pics and explanations.
I highly recommend them.

superstar Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 10:05pm
post #4 of 6

Debbie Brown's books are fabulous & she explains everything so beautifully.

mixinvixen Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 10:11pm
post #5 of 6

debbie brown is really my favorite, because she's so whimsical. several of my cakes have incorporated things that i've interpreted from her the next month or so, i'll be doing 2 of her designs...the wizard owl from the cover of "magical cakes", and the boxers from the " naughty cakes" book. i also have the "extra naughty cakes" book, along with "enchanted cakes" and "cartoon cakes". i love them all!

trumpetmidget Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 11:28pm
post #6 of 6

I have her naughty cake book (I swear, I bought it because of the figure making one seems to believe that, though) and I did make the car with the hineys (Only I made a T-Bird, not a VW). It is actually in my photos (without the hineys. I wasn't sure if I could put that in or not, so I took a pic before I added the hineys). I found the book very easy to follow. And her directions for making figures out of fondant (people) is great. I would recomend her any time. HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%