Stupid Stupid Stupid

Decorating By alicegop Updated 18 Apr 2008 , 7:19am by dg10148

alicegop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alicegop Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 6:25pm
post #1 of 4

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1210276
It took me a really long time to make this froo froo 3 tier cake. Came out pretty good I think, but I couldn't get the van today so I needed to transport it in my car. It seemed hard to put it on the floor under the dashboard (3 tiers and very heavy) so I thought the front seat looked flat..... it was a little tilted, so I went into the house to get something to prop it up, when I got back it was leaning over, It has slid off the cardboard under the 10inch. Not off of the cake drum, off of the cardboard circle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

icon_cry.gif

SO LESSON HERE: Do not put on the front seat of your car!

I doweled it really well so I was able to push it back up (it was damaged!) but it is at least standing straight. I'll need to redo the loops and some of the harlequins and borders... etc..., and make some polka dots for where my thumb pushed it back up........ pray I can fix it so she doesn't notice. Won't be as good as it was, but hopefully good enough.

3 replies
2muchsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2muchsugar Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 8:31pm
post #2 of 4

So sorry for your diaster! icon_sad.gif The cake is gorgeous though. I hope you were able to disguise the slide!

Thanks for the warning!

bcake1960 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bcake1960 Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 2:24am
post #3 of 4

I think it looks great... We can be our worst critics.. I will remember this lesson!

dg10148 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dg10148 Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 7:19am
post #4 of 4

Looks very nice to me

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%