My New Website

Business By Darla925 Updated 22 Apr 2008 , 12:39pm by Darla925

Darla925 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Darla925 Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 5:11pm
post #1 of 8

Hey guys I just revamped my website: www.cakesbydc.com
Take a look I made some major changes from different pages to all on one page (for now). Let me know what you think!

7 replies
kimberlina25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimberlina25 Posted 19 Apr 2008 , 4:35pm
post #2 of 8

i like the pink and brown, such a great classic color scheme. however, i think the pink on pink is a bit much and makes it a little hard on the eyes. I also am not sure about the busy pink flower background. you want people to look at your cakes and not be distracted by other things.

IMHO

supremecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
supremecakes Posted 19 Apr 2008 , 6:36pm
post #3 of 8

Hello Darla,

If your objective is to be listed on Google, you need about 5
web pages. It looks like you only have 3 pages.

By putting your contact info on a separate page, and moving
some of your pictures to a photo gallery page you can get to 5
without too much work.

BOB

BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 19 Apr 2008 , 6:56pm
post #4 of 8

I found it a little hard on the eyes...

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 19 Apr 2008 , 9:51pm
post #5 of 8

I like the idea of one page with thumbnails for your cakes but it is alot to take in. And although I love, love, love pink & brown, the shade of the pink is very bright and makes it difficult to read the details. I also like the cake at the top, left of the page and wish it were bigger.

Is this one of your best/favorite cakes and are using as a logo? If so, making it larger would be great. Maybe also using that pink as an accent color rather then a background color? HTH and congrats on your site.

craftyone65 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftyone65 Posted 19 Apr 2008 , 10:52pm
post #6 of 8

I really liked it and thought it was very easy to read, find what your looking for and explained everything very well. I don't like a website thats too busy or hard to look around but found yours very well constructed. Congrats!!

nyyankeeinkc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nyyankeeinkc Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 1:00am
post #7 of 8

I like it! I would absolutely enlarge your leading photo on the home page though to bring attention to your talent. Also, I think I would center the text within the brown text boxes. It will give it a cleaner, not so squished in look.

Congratulations on your new site! thumbs_up.gif

Darla925 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Darla925 Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 12:39pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks for the input. I made the suggested changes and I really think it made a difference. The pink on pink along with the flowers was too busy. I also looked at some other sites of cake decerators and they were all much more simple. Thanks again for the input!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%