My New Website

Business By Darla925 Updated 22 Apr 2008 , 12:39pm by Darla925

Darla925 Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 5:11pm
post #1 of 8

Hey guys I just revamped my website:
Take a look I made some major changes from different pages to all on one page (for now). Let me know what you think!

7 replies
kimberlina25 Posted 19 Apr 2008 , 4:35pm
post #2 of 8

i like the pink and brown, such a great classic color scheme. however, i think the pink on pink is a bit much and makes it a little hard on the eyes. I also am not sure about the busy pink flower background. you want people to look at your cakes and not be distracted by other things.

supremecakes Posted 19 Apr 2008 , 6:36pm
post #3 of 8

Hello Darla,

If your objective is to be listed on Google, you need about 5
web pages. It looks like you only have 3 pages.

By putting your contact info on a separate page, and moving
some of your pictures to a photo gallery page you can get to 5
without too much work.

BrandisBaked Posted 19 Apr 2008 , 6:56pm
post #4 of 8

I found it a little hard on the eyes...

CakeDiva73 Posted 19 Apr 2008 , 9:51pm
post #5 of 8

I like the idea of one page with thumbnails for your cakes but it is alot to take in. And although I love, love, love pink & brown, the shade of the pink is very bright and makes it difficult to read the details. I also like the cake at the top, left of the page and wish it were bigger.

Is this one of your best/favorite cakes and are using as a logo? If so, making it larger would be great. Maybe also using that pink as an accent color rather then a background color? HTH and congrats on your site.

craftyone65 Posted 19 Apr 2008 , 10:52pm
post #6 of 8

I really liked it and thought it was very easy to read, find what your looking for and explained everything very well. I don't like a website thats too busy or hard to look around but found yours very well constructed. Congrats!!

nyyankeeinkc Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 1:00am
post #7 of 8

I like it! I would absolutely enlarge your leading photo on the home page though to bring attention to your talent. Also, I think I would center the text within the brown text boxes. It will give it a cleaner, not so squished in look.

Congratulations on your new site! thumbs_up.gif

Darla925 Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 12:39pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks for the input. I made the suggested changes and I really think it made a difference. The pink on pink along with the flowers was too busy. I also looked at some other sites of cake decerators and they were all much more simple. Thanks again for the input!

Quote by @%username% on %date%