In Need Of A C.c. Hug!

Lounge By nancylynwallace Updated 21 Apr 2008 , 11:20am by nancylynwallace

nancylynwallace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nancylynwallace Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 11:32am
post #1 of 15

I am so stupid! At work, Tuesday, I was cutting some things apart with a really sharp blade. Being in a hurry and not watching what I was doing, the blade slipped and cut my hand really bad. After getting 15 stitches in my hand (I cut it so bad I just missed the tendon), all I can think of is that I am really going to have a lot of trouble cake decorating. The cut is on the hand that I decorate with, at the base of my thumb towards my index finger. I just want to cry. I'm not that good at using my other hand decorating. I just needed to vent...thanks for listening.

icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif
Nancy

14 replies
fmcmulle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fmcmulle Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 11:44am
post #2 of 15

Wow Nancy I am so sorry to hear this. Maybe if you take it slow you can still work your magic! Did they say how long for the healing process? You will be back in action before you know it. Keep your chin up! thumbs_up.gif
Faye

nancylynwallace Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 11:47am
post #3 of 15

The doctor said a LEAST 2 weeks. I need to go back in 2 weeks to let him take a look at it.

Nancy

fmcmulle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fmcmulle Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 12:16pm
post #4 of 15

Take those two weeks and do something for yourself. Have some fun! icon_biggrin.gif

MnSnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MnSnow Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 12:17pm
post #5 of 15

((((((((((( HUGS )))))))))))))

I can emphasize with you! I fractured my pelvic bone a couple days ago and have a cake due for Saturday. I'm still doing the cake even if I'm on crutches!

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 1:43pm
post #6 of 15

I"m so sorry that happened to you. When I was in college, we were having a big picnic and I was cutting onions in my hand like I grew up with using.....a filet knife. Yep, it slipped and cut my hand in the very same place you got cut. It was pretty gross. They took me to the nurse at school and she just put a butterfly on it. It probably should have had stitches since it was about 1" long and deep but I was young, cheap and stupid. I wouldn't open my hand all of the way open for about a year. icon_lol.gif

I hope things go better for you.

nancylynwallace Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 1:55pm
post #7 of 15

Thank you guys for the support!! MnSnow...you need a hug too!!
((((((((((((((((((HUG)))))))))))))))))). Thanks for mine!!

icon_lol.gif

CoveredInCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CoveredInCake Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 1:55pm
post #8 of 15

wow... I hope you heal quickly. (((Hugs)))

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 2:35pm
post #9 of 15

Prayers that you heal fast and w/o problemsicon_smile.gif

nelja5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nelja5 Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 11:42pm
post #10 of 15

I hope you can heal soon! Take it easy!

dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 4:29am
post #11 of 15

. . . firstly . . . thank God you missed the tendon!!

. . . secondly . . . consider yourself huggedImage

. . . do you have any cakes to do . . . or are you going to be able to rest and heal properly . . . don't rush it . . . sounds like you really did a number icon_surprised.gif

and lastly . . . here's a hug for MnSnow too . . . Image

nancylynwallace Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 11:33am
post #12 of 15

Thanks for the hug!! I have already thanked God that I wasn't hurt any worse than I was! Luckily, I had just finished the cake that I needed to do the night before. I am going to try to see what I can do this weekend. If I take my time and try to be gentle, maybe I can keep going. If not, I'll just have to bite the bullit and take a mini vacation, but that's hard because I am such a cake addict! My husband said that he is surprised that I haven't tried to decorate before now. Thanks again for the hugs!!
icon_rolleyes.gif
Nancy

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 2:02am
post #13 of 15

(((GREAT BIG HUG))) Hope you heal up quick.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 2:10am
post #14 of 15

not stupid...

just a wee bit of a klutz -- that being said by moi who is a MAJOR klutz (shall we engage in a "stitch - off" "I got more than you do!" ???

---

hugs hugs and more hugs...

now --- use this as a perfect excuse to:

not cook -- order out

not clean -- the rest of the family's turn!

and lounge away on the couch with a box of chocolates as your "pain reliever"

nancylynwallace Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 11:20am
post #15 of 15

Thanks, Doug...what a wonderful idea!! Chocolate has worked in the past few days more than pain pills! I am a die-hard chocoholic. I'm glad to know that I am not the only klutz around here...now I feel better! I am a very competetive person, but a stitch off?! I will gladly let you win. Thanks for the hugs. Oh by the way...my husband bought a pair of Playtex Living gloves for me. I'm not sure whether to be mad or thank him for his thoughtfulness!

icon_cool.gif
Nancy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%