Cake Pans & Shipping Problems

Decorating By 0TNIC Updated 17 Apr 2008 , 12:02pm by cashley

0TNIC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
0TNIC Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 10:23am
post #1 of 4

im having trouble finding somewhere that can send me cake pans at a reasonable cost and that aint too expensive for shipping to nz... I had a price from somewhere (its gone out of my head who it was from) that was $50 for an 8 10 and 12 inch round pan and then it was $60 for shipping to NZ... ive had many larger packages sent to NZ (clothing) and its been cheaper!

I need to buy various different size pans.... looking at a 6, 8, 10, 12, 14 and possibly 16 round and also square pans...
I dont wanna spend huge amounts on shipping if i can avoid it... I know its expensive to ship to NZ but surely its not THAT expensive for something so small that could stack into each other????

Anyone have any suggestions on where i can get these?

Also having problems getting gum paste.... not many places in nz sell it and i just had to pay $15 for 250g (0.55lb) of gumpaste here in nz and it would be enuff to do about 4 animals/fairies

Thanks heaps in advance for your suggestions!!!!!!

3 replies
HerBoudoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HerBoudoir Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 11:37am
post #2 of 4

I just bought a bunch of Magic Line pans, and paid about $15 for shipping from Ohio to Maryland. Huge box, well packed, which I'm actually happy about because where I bought them had a no-return policy on their pans unless they're damaged. It was fairly light - 2 8 inch pans, 2 6 inch pans, 3 5 inch pans.

So yes....I can see that if it was $15 to ship 2 states over, that it would be 4x that much to ship halfway around the world. The flip side is that it's almost 2 hours drive to a the cake store that sells these, and with gas prices, the shipping was cheaper (also guaranteed I could get my 5 inch pans - yay!)

What you may want to do is try to make them as few shipments as possible, and buy a bunch of stuff at once - save on shipping that way.

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 11:55am
post #3 of 4

I also really don't know a way to get around paying that for shipping... shipping is expensive any which way you turn... icon_sad.gif

I'd do what Sue said....

Get as much as you can in one order... that way you don't have to reorder and keep paying high shipping

Sorry icon_sad.gif

Maybe someone else has a better option

cashley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cashley Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 12:02pm
post #4 of 4

I don't know about the shipping but why don't you make your own gumpaste will save you alot of money.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%