Fondant Grapes?

Decorating By cupcakers Updated 18 Apr 2008 , 11:26am by beachcakes

cupcakers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakers Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 4:08am
post #1 of 5

I have a cake order coming up and they want fondant grapes coming out of a wine glass can anyone help on how to make the grapes I have seen some very real looking ones here on CC. Thanks

4 replies
cupcakers Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 10:16pm
post #2 of 5

Bump

cupcakers Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 3:24am
post #3 of 5

Help is there anyone out there that can help on making grapes the order is for this Sat icon_cry.gificon_redface.gif

lastingmoments Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lastingmoments Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 7:48am
post #4 of 5

i have never made grapes but I remeber seeing something either a magazine or a book....a long while ago! And I remember that they werent hard based on what i saw.......

from what i remember you get floral wire and make a base stem then add and smaller pieces of wire to for the shape of the grape stems. floral tape should hole it all together. dont forget to make a curled vine for the stem. Roll you fondant into grapes and you have to fold over the tip of the floral wire so that when the fondant/gumpaste dries it dries around the ball/grape and wont fall off.

I sorry if this sounds like jibber jabber but its 1am and I am off to bed.......if anything at least this will bump up for you incase someone else has any insight..... i tried googling it but couldnt find anything.......but it looks like a few places sell them online so and if you only need one bunch they should be pretty affordable!

lots of luck

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 11:26am
post #5 of 5

I just did grapes on a cake. It might work for you.

I didn't want to wire them, so I rolled out a thin fondant "base" in the shape of the grape bunch and then rolled fondant balls and stuck them to it. Let them dry over a form and dusted with lustre dust. HTH!

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1209442

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%