How To Do Scroll Work??

Decorating By deanwithana Updated 17 Apr 2008 , 7:10pm by xstitcher

deanwithana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deanwithana Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 3:02am
post #1 of 6

I love scroll work and was wondering how it is done!!! Are are they getting the pattern on the cake to do this?? Is it stamped on, pattern stencil, etc. I would love to know!!!!

Here is a cake by FatandHappy that I am using an example!!!!
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo-80940.html

These scroll work cakes are awesome and I would love to have some feedback as to how to even begin to get this look!!! Thanks!!!

5 replies
xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 6:25am
post #2 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwithana

I love scroll work and was wondering how it is done!!! Are are they getting the pattern on the cake to do this?? Is it stamped on, pattern stencil, etc. I would love to know!!!!

Here is a cake by FatandHappy that I am using an example!!!!
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo-80940.html

These scroll work cakes are awesome and I would love to have some feedback as to how to even begin to get this look!!! Thanks!!!

I just checked out the cake (really nice!!) and I read this in the comments:

FatAndHappy says:
Yes it is the Wilton Press set, we turned it different ways until we found a pattern we liked. The bow is the fake/premade one by Wilton, our fondant bow fell apart at the show when there was a leak in the ceiling. My partner went to Walmart and got the Wilton one. It didn't color like they said it would, so as a last resort we spray painted it with some paint left over in my basement, just regular spray paint. The dummy cake is covered in regular fondant and the bown is actual chocolate icing.

HTH

Cheers!
Parm

xstitcher Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 6:27am
post #3 of 6

deanwithana:

Forgot to wish you a happy belated b-day! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

cakes21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes21 Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 1:03pm
post #4 of 6

Oh that's a great idea. I am doing scroll work for a cake this weekend and I couldn't figure out how they did the scrolls. I will roll out the playdough and play with my scrollsicon_smile.gif

deanwithana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deanwithana Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 1:36pm
post #5 of 6

Thank you so much sticher!!!! Ha!!! You would think that I would have read the comments since you can learn so much from them alone!!!! I was studying the cake so hard that I never even thought about it!!!! Thanks!!!! That helps so much!!!!

xstitcher Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 7:10pm
post #6 of 6

Glad I could help! Good luck with your cake (both of you)

Cheers!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%