Tips For Making A Handbag/purse Cake???

Decorating By aprilcake Updated 17 Apr 2008 , 2:35pm by aprilcake

aprilcake Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 2:18am
post #1 of 2

Hi everyone!

I am making a purse/handbag cake (my first time) tomorrow and Friday. I kind of know the shape and color and style I want it to be...but since this is my first...I wanted to ask if there are any things that I should know from you all out there that have experience in purse cake making already? Anything tricky or something I should know about before doing it? I want to make it bigger at the bottom going smaller up top, its going to be lavender with quilt pattern on the purse, the overlap going over top the purse will be solid with no quilt pattern but still lavender. I want to make a buckle clasp from the overlap to the purse...is that hard? I want that to be solid and not patterned either and the handle too...should I keep the overlap, handle and clasp/buckle lavender also or white? I want to paint the metal looking parts silver to look like metal...do you think that will look nice...if not...please give me your ideas! The birthday girl is turning 15 or 16 I believe and she loves purple.

Thanks!

April :0)

1 reply
aprilcake Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 2:35pm
post #2 of 2

anyone?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%