Any Advice....please?

Decorating By seagoat Updated 18 Apr 2008 , 3:52am by seagoat

seagoat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
seagoat Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 12:32am
post #1 of 6

I have this cartoon figure to do, to match the invitations. (on 11x15 sheet)

Most likely the best result would be a frozen transfer, but I always get lines in my transfers...I try and try to get them smooth, but no luck...What am I doing wrong?

I am looking for any advice on how you would do this..

Thanks

Jessica
LL

5 replies
LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 3:15am
post #2 of 6

You can make a paper stencil of it. Here is an excerpt of my explanation I recently sent to another CCer:

Here is my interpretation of cutting a stencil out of paper:
Cut with scissors all the outer edges. Assuming there are also lines you need to trace within the drawing, use a craft knife on it backed by cardboard so you don't scratch your table or counter. Cut along any inner lines as long as you don't cross two slits creating a HOLE! You will need to stop short of finishing most lines so it all stays together.

Place the stencil on the crusted buttercream. Use a toothpick and press the toothpick ON THE PAPER, NOT ON THE FROSTING, along all the edges of anything you've cut. This will cause the paper to press gently into the frosting creating the outlines for you.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 3:29am
post #3 of 6

A chocolate transfer would work well for the figure:
(Tutorials, video, help threads.)

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-140321-.html

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-396793-.html
HTH

laurynrn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laurynrn Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 9:56pm
post #4 of 6

I like chocolate transfers but I have gotten similar lines. One thing I have done is while doing the BC transfer I bang it against the table hard enough for it to settle into place and smooth some of the lines.
What about doing a colorflow instead? I haven't done one yet but I am trying that next!

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 10:19pm
post #5 of 6

When I do a fbct, I let it crust over after I put it on the cake and the roll it smooth with a roller.
It gets rid of all the creases and any piping lines .
Good Luck!

seagoat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
seagoat Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 3:52am
post #6 of 6

yourstrulytx,

How long do you let it crust for? I think I have a crusting recipe but takes like half the day to crust.

Any crusting recipes that work well with FBCT that you know of?

Thanks again

Jessica

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%