Cupcake To Go / Picture*

Decorating By ReenieK Updated 22 Apr 2008 , 12:10am by ReenieK

ReenieK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ReenieK Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 11:19pm
post #1 of 26

I posted that picture of the jarred cupcakes a few days ago.
Heres mine, ( Different container, different name, different recipe)
I had bought jars, but they were way to big, so I found these Bell Jam containers at walmart & they fit a cupcake perfectly. I just sliced the cupcakes & layered them w/ frosting.

25 replies
andpotts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andpotts Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 11:26pm
post #2 of 26

I can't see the picture. I do like your spin on the name though icon_wink.gif

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 11:29pm
post #3 of 26

You see thats what I mean..she cant say those are the same!...icon_lol.gif

joy5678 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joy5678 Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 5:25am
post #4 of 26

These are so cute. What a good idea! I have done jar cakes but without icing they just don't "ring my bell." They keep a long time, but icing won't so I really gave up on them. How long will the cupcakes and icing stay fresh? Should they be eaten right away? How do you price them? Sorry, so many questions but I really like them for favors &/or gifts, or to go along with a cake or possible samples to get new business. Thanks for sharing

ReenieK Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 12:20pm
post #5 of 26

these should be eaten & not kept. They are quick & simple to do.
If I was to sell them, probably $3.50. Not sure.

peardream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peardream Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 12:46pm
post #6 of 26

This is a cute idea. I had seen it on etsy, being sold by the Fat Daddy Bake Shop. It's a great way to ship cupcakes without worrying about smashing them.

I love the way you decorated the jar (the ribbon and the sticker on top). Very Cute!

t00precious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
t00precious Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 12:46pm
post #7 of 26

I love these. I need to make cupcakes for a breat cancer awareness back sale at church. What kind of cake did you use. What do you think would be a great flavor cupcake and filling for this event. I had bought pink ribbon cupcake liners, but these are cuter. I can personalize a sticker for the event. This is a great idea. You should be proud of the outcome of your product.

busymom9431 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
busymom9431 Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 12:47pm
post #8 of 26

How much were the containers.........love the idea. SO cute! icon_smile.gif

busymom9431 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
busymom9431 Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 12:50pm
post #9 of 26

Could you also tell me which area of the store to look for these containers? Thanks!

HerBoudoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HerBoudoir Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 1:10pm
post #10 of 26

Cute!

I do a lot of beach trips and picnics in the summer, so I definately think I'm going to try making the cupcake in a jar (just not the ORIGINAL ones since that's patent pending icon_wink.gif) I think the jars will fit great in the cooler.

I will probably make them more trifle-like though. Maybe a little custard or bavarian cream, fresh fruit, etc. Mmmmm...lots of possibilities icon_smile.gif

ReenieK Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 6:00pm
post #11 of 26

thanks everyone icon_smile.gif
To answer a few questions, this is just a yellow cake & vanilla frosting.
These are bell plastic jam jars / I found them at walmart w/ the glass bell jars. they were like $3.50 for 5 of them.
These would be great for a picnic!
The label is just a round Avery label # 5294 template.

joy5678 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joy5678 Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 3:19am
post #12 of 26

I just luv this idea. Anytime I have left over batter--guess what I'm going to do with it? Thanks for introducing and sharing yours with us.

wrightway777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wrightway777 Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 4:32am
post #13 of 26

what is the white paper product inside the jar? Very cute by the way!

andpotts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andpotts Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 10:15am
post #14 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerBoudoir

I will probably make them more trifle-like though. Maybe a little custard or bavarian cream, fresh fruit, etc. Mmmmm...lots of possibilities icon_smile.gif

Oh goodie I can finally see the picture! I love that you used the plastic jars, I think I like that better than the glass. Yours came out really cute, can't wait to try, I'm with HerBoudoir, I've had so many ideas since the original post icon_smile.gif I really want to try them as little ice cream cakes and with different, cream and fruit fillings icon_biggrin.gif

Love the tags you made up too.

ReenieK Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 11:03am
post #15 of 26

wrightway777
Theres no white paper product inside the jar, that is just whipped vanilla frosting.

wrightway777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wrightway777 Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 8:24pm
post #16 of 26

I went out and bought these cute containers. I even noticed for the exact same price you can get bigger plastic containers (same Ball type) in a package of 4 (I would love to see a King Size Cupcake or "Cupcake for two". Great idea for your site! These containers sure would weigh less - I think you would be a great competitor on Etsy too (up against the one that is already there = FD)!
You must sell these on your site right away!! How cute! Quick question: it looks like you didnt cut them in half like your other post mentions of FD. So how are they layered in the jar?

ReenieK Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 8:49pm
post #17 of 26

What is FD?
I just cut the cupcake in half & used those two pieces to layer between frosting. icon_smile.gif

sammie192 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sammie192 Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 8:52pm
post #18 of 26

reenie your cupcakes are to cute .i seen the picture of the other ones smaller, yours are much nicer and you showed us how to make them. i want to try making
them thanks sammie

pjmw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pjmw Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 9:06pm
post #19 of 26

what a great idea for a bake sale or to take on a picnicicon_smile.gif Thanks for sharing!

ReenieK Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 9:55pm
post #20 of 26

your very welcome !

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 3:18pm
post #21 of 26

reenie, what about the lids? I know must jars come with the sealing lid? Also, is this idea up for grabs and redo's???? I think it is a neat thing to do and would do well at the coffee shop I do consignment for. You know that strawberry pie filling dish people put in a trifle bowl (smashed up cake, then strawberry pie filling, the cool whip, all layered) that would be a great idea too... or chocolate turtle ones.... ooohhhhhh thanks for starting the hype... what are these selling for reenie?

mommarivera Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommarivera Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 3:37pm
post #22 of 26

What a great idea!!!!!Thanks

GrandmaG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrandmaG Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 3:42pm
post #23 of 26

ReenieK, You are so clever! Thanks for sharing your idea. The combinations of flavors with cake and fillings and frosting could be endless.

crazy4sugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazy4sugar Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 3:51pm
post #24 of 26

FABULOUS, thank you for sharing!!

lu9129 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lu9129 Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 3:51pm
post #25 of 26

I think I would like to try these for my DD graduation party. It will be June 7th. Don't you think that these would hold up better than a cake outside?

I could get a label with her picture and graduation date on them for party favors. Do you do party favors at a graduation party? HMMMMMMMM?!!!!

Lu

ReenieK Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 12:10am
post #26 of 26

grad favors would be cute!
this just has a screw on lid. But travels very well.
My kids take them to school in lunch.
I havent sold them, just was playing around with the idea.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%